Texting to multiple contacts

Guest martinlaidlaw

Guest martinlaidlaw

When sending texts to multiple contacts on my MDA3 It often only goes to the first contact I select and I then get a not sent message for each of the other contacts

Is this something to do with the way the contacts are automatically separated, should there be a space between contacts or any punctuation ; , ?

Has anyone else had this problem or am I just making an obvious error? The way I select the contacts is by typing the first three letters of the name using the keyboard and then selecting the contact with the directional pad.

Guest c0v0c
When sending texts to multiple contacts on my MDA3 It often only goes to the first contact I select and I then get a not sent message for each of the other contacts

Is this something to do with the way the contacts are automatically separated, should there be a space between contacts or any punctuation ; , ?

Has anyone else had this problem or am I just making an obvious error?  The way I select the contacts is by typing the first three letters of the name using the keyboard and then selecting the contact with the directional pad.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get the same problem, if i send to multiple contacts, to be honest to get round the problem i either add a punctuation ; between each adding of a contact or i add whoever then go back and add the ; between each phone number after adding ppl.

If you dont the message will fail like u state, not everytime but certainly when u send a joke to like 40 contacts!

The to: box then shows every contact as one long number without any ; ffs!!!

Ive noticed this on all my M2000's (4th one now!!!)

Guest rickyburke

try this, instead of typing the first bit of the name in to put the recipient in, type your message as normal, then in the bottom bar next to "my text" click on the contact button, (little blue and white button) then you will get a list of your contacts, and you can click on as many as you want to send it to and it will put their name in the recipient bar.

Let me know if this works for you.

Ricky.

Guest martinlaidlaw
Let me know if this works for you.

Ricky.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're right this does work Ricky, you can also get the contacts by tapping on the "To:" at the top of the message. This puts the correct ";" punctuation in for you, but just displays the number not the name of the contact for me.

Only thing is I think the contacts list is awful to use without the stylus, is there a way to increase the size of each contact so you could use your thumb?

Infact, just answered that myself, you can change the whole system font size that does make it easier to use contacts, but everything else on the device is huge too!

I suppose the only other thing is to edit in the punctuation myself when using the keyboard (I always use the keyboard for texts) Bit of a pain but I don't send mutilple texts that often (no mates ;) )

Guest fraser
try this, instead of typing the first bit of the name in to put the recipient in, type your message as normal, then in the bottom bar next to "my text" click on the contact button

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, was wondering why this was never a problem for me, that's how I would add a number to a new text. 10 years of mobiles has removed all ability for me to remember phone numbers from memory!

To be honest, it make sense. The inbox is pocket outlook, and outlook has always since day one had a separator char between multiple contacts. IIRC you can use a comma or semi-colon on the PC, the phone will likely be the same. Spaces are bad as separators, you really shouldn't use them in software. Can totally understand how someone might not realise, I'm guessing some other phones out there probably just put a space between them.

Guest rickyburke

i find that if you tap in the actual "to" column it puts the details in fine, but it will only send if your sending it to a single contact, if you want to send to multiple contacts i wont work, as it puts the name in as well, thats where the contacts button at the bottom comes in.

i remember when i had my startac years ago and you couldnt put a contact into the sms through the contact list, had to remember it.

FUN!!!!!!!!