rom backup problem

Guest £50 Scent

Guest £50 Scent

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my magician to rom v1.11 (anansky) and cannot get the terminal to connect.

I have followed the instructions; turned-off usb activesync, set to bootloader mode (which I assume is when it says tap screen to setup ppc) and run the romupdater prog., set to usb connection, press ok.

This is where I have a problem, the terminal window appears and just prints 'CLIENT' on the screen and will pause and repeat until 'CLIENTCLIENTCLIENTCLIENT' appears, I cannot type 'd2s' and enter, it will not allow me to input any text.

Hence, I am stuck. Can someone please show me the error of my ways, thanks.

Guest £50 Scent

ha, nevermind. got it sorted. 2 things i got wrong; 1: plug in the usb cable b4 entering bootloader mode; 2: hold buttons + reset hole until bootloader mode starts.

hmm, now on anansky 1.11, interesting, weird splash. seems ok.

next step radio...

Guest £50 Scent

thanks again Jim.

Any idea what the crack with the radio is, i've done some searches but cannot find some sort of guide that describes a) where the radio 'is', how to access it and (;) how to use the 1.11 upgrade?

EDIT: also i have noticed some things about upgrading from t-mob standard issue to anansky 1.11 - more programs run (except nydiot virtual display, which now dosen't), it is definately slower, i DO have the storage folder (27mb) and thank god the backspace is much faster in phone mode.

Edited by £50 Scent