Tomtom through headphones?

Guest NismO_UK

Guest NismO_UK

Hi,

First post, so bear with me!!

I'm thinking about buying Tomtom and will want to use it on my motorbike.

I have a system that will connect my SPV M2000 to speakers in my helmet, but it connects to the phone via the headphone socket.

My question is will I hear the ncie Tomtom lady via the headphone socket?

Cheers. ;)

Guest fraser

yeah, should work. AFAIK, the headphones simply play whatever the main speaker is playing. Things would be different for bluetooth devices.

Tomtom on a bike? Way cool! Good luck with it, are you just using the audio only, or are you going to mount it? (oh er!)

Guest NismO_UK
yeah, should work. AFAIK, the headphones simply play whatever the main speaker is playing. Things would be different for bluetooth devices.

Tomtom on a bike? Way cool! Good luck with it, are you just using the audio only, or are you going to mount it? (oh er!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Audio only probably. It's a bit dodgy to be looking at a screen whilst riding. I don't reckon it'd be that visible anyway, due to vibration.

Also, if it rained my nice shiny M2000 would get wet!!! :?:

Edited by NismO_UK

Guest Carnivor

ive thought about this aswell, and stuff looking at a screen, with a woman naggin in yer ear, and cars to deal with,

im gonna mount me gps antenna under me windshield, and mount the phone under me seat, i have a small compartment under me seat and trailing a small jack out from there into my jacket will be the shortest and tidiest route,

with the sd gps card i got i dont have to worry about fueling the phone and gps from the bike battery either

Guest fraser
It's a bit dodgy to be looking at a screen whilst riding. (snip)

Also, if it rained my nice shiny M2000 would get wet!!!  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I thought myself, especially the rain but thought you might have had some sort of case in mind. Didn't know you got speakers in the helmet either, that's quite handy, though saying that (having never been on a bike), do they drown out street noise that otherwise might be helpful, or does the lid do a good job of doing that itself? ;)

Maybe you'll be able to get a head-up display in the helmet at some point in the future. I did see one once that had some sort of rear-view mirror set up, IIRC.