Just got my new MDa and would like some advice

Guest gazza1000

Guest gazza1000

I am not a total noob but would like to know what changes have been made between roms?

I have the T-Mobile 1.01 and see that there is a 1.11 Qtek are there any befits upgrading and how and where can I get the rom.

If I do change how do I get back the T- Mobile settings

Is there anyother way of getting GPRS without using T-Mobile as the rip you off

Whats the best clear case to get, I need somthing to look after my new toy.

I am reading the other posts right that you can mod a JAM (MDA) to have 128MB ROM!!

By the way the MDA has got to be the best phone I have used so far!!

Thanks for your help in advance

Guest £50 Scent
I am not a total noob but would like to know what changes have been made between roms?

I have the T-Mobile 1.01 and see that there is a 1.11 Qtek are there any befits upgrading and how and where can I get the rom.

If I do change how do I get back the T- Mobile settings

Is there anyother way of getting GPRS without using T-Mobile as the rip you off

Whats the best clear case to get,  I need somthing to look after my new toy.

I am reading the other posts right that you can mod a JAM (MDA) to have 128MB ROM!!

By the way the MDA has got to be the best phone I have used so far!!

Thanks for your help in advance

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

basically, the rom revisions provide increased compatibillity/stabillity/functionallity to the device. i can't be bothered to look but generally updates between roms are usually listed, if you log on to the relevent sites and forums and search about a bit the info will be there somewhere (probably).

beware that although the o2 mini/mda compact/i-mate jam etc. are essentially the same they have their own flavours of software. you will have noticed how naaasty the t-mob customisation is and may or may not have 'sugarcubed' it already. each rom has its own advantages and disadvantages, some in-fact say that t-mob standard is the best of all and i see how this could be possible. personally, i am using anansky v1.11 - just my own preference at the mo. i can run more progs than b4, have more usable memory (but still not enough by damn-sight) although 1 particular prog will not run.

other member have the settings or they are available on certain sites. i would have thought t-mob would give u them as long as you give them a plausable reason why u need them such as you 'accidently' changed them whilst setting-up the device and you are away from your sync point and have valuable data u cannot afford to lose but need the gprs access now as there is no alternative the access your email, for example. don't quote me on this though - have a check b4 u do anything if u are woried.

other users have sited methods such as 'onspeed' or 'skweezer' to compress data and therefore recieve less over gprs (cheaper - in theory) but personally i do not know of an alternative provider without an alternative network sim.

it is a cool device - good luck with it - i like mine loads but at the moment really REALLY h8 having to hard reset for whatever reason. my advice is decide what u really want to do first. do it, and then stick with it.