Forms

Guest lankester

Guest lankester

i had a engineer visit our offices, when he had finished repairing our printer he asked me to sign on the dotted line, in this case it was a xda 2, wow i thought. It gets better he said, after i had signed his xda, this was then transfered to his outlook email box(GPRS) and sent back to the office. A few minutes later he then recieved an email from headoffice about a new appointment. When he read the appointment it had transfered itself over to his calendar and with that it was veiwed as a form which told him all the info on his next appointment and also would be the form which was eventually signed by the customer. I have looked into this sort of software add on and it is available for spv m2000 but at a cost of £50 per unit per month. WTF. Any ideas or help on how this is implemented....

Cheers

Guest fraser

Yes, I think it would likely be MS Exchange. Microsoft make a Windows Mobile Server that might be what you are after, though I've not played around with their offerings myself. If you do go for it, you'll need to allocate budget or manhours for the development of the system, putting all the forms together and such like. It can be a complex process. Though, £50 per unit per month is very expensive, perhaps that buys you hosting and data allowances as well?

There are non-MS things like this, and some of them are very good. Basically, a lot of the CRM systems do this sort of thing. However, I'm not sure if they integrate with the built-in calendaring etc on the phone, or use their own system.

Guest fraser

Blackberry is like Hoover, it's just a brand name. The proper name I think is "push email", the idea being that the mail client doesn't poll a server, instead items are sent directly to it. In practice, this usually means a special text message gets sent that triggers a send/receive on the phone. The idea is that you get the mail quickly. Unless blackberry offer a whole lot of services I don't know of, then I don't think this would do what the poster is looking for.

Guest martinlaidlaw

I got Sky+ installed the other week and the Sky engineers use a similar system on an XDA2. I too had to sign on the XDA and the software sent the info back to base

Cool! 8)