PDA Mill Releases/News

Guest Brody

Guest Brody

post-3354-1115709998_thumb.jpg

Beersoft of www.MSMobileNews.com has posted some nice news received from PDAMill regarding two projects that they have recently been working on, firstly the Smartphone port of their popular game "Traffic Mania" and secondly a work in progress which will be known as "Nav n' Go" (a satellite navigation solution!).

Peter over at pdamill let us know that they haven't been hiding from us, but have been working on a little game they like to call Traffic Mania

Our fun car-sliding puzzle game, Traffic Mania was just released for the Palm OS and Smarpthones.

The new versions are available for try and buy from our website (www.pdamill.com).

To kick off these new versions, we're running a special promotion where you get a full version of Snails for free with every purchase of Traffic Mania. This includes the Pocket PC, Palm OS and Smartphone versions of Traffic Mania.

To take advantage of this offer, all you have to do is visit www.pdamill.com and add Traffic Mania to your shopping cart, where you'll be offered your free copy of Snails. The offer is valid only for this week - so hurry up!

and they have also been busy on a little project they like to call nav n' go...

PDAmill, the leading developer of mobile games have unveiled the secret project they've been working on it the past year.

Their new Navigation Solutions division have been busy developing a new PDA-based navigation solution in cooperation with the new startup company, Nav N Go. Want to see some screenshots and a couple of videos? Visit http://www.pdamill.com/navngo

Source: www.MSMobileNews.com

Guest fraser

Nice. I played with TomTom once and while it's useful, I hated it as it has (IMHO) one of the worst user interfaces on the planet. Very difficult to use, and useless really for use as a portable map. When I have sat nav in my pocket, I don't want it assuming that I'm always behind the wheel of a car. Being able to fire up a traditional map and display an address on it is a feature I'd sure like to see in this new one. I won't always have the sat nav thing with me, but let me browse the map freely please, I do know how to use one without GPS! I hope someone is listening... ;)

What sucks the most about TomTom's UI is the number of actions it takes to do a simple task. E.g. try starting the app and displaying an address. After selecting the wrong option a couple of times (and being dumped back at the start each time!), you eventially find that it takes at least 10 actions to do this. It's also brain-dead without GPS connected.

Seen the videos, looks good! Will be trialing it for sure, fingers crossed it's useable. I've been impressed with the presentation on most PDA Mill software so far, so I have high hopes.

Hey, PDA Mill guys, need a beta tester? I'm professionaly qualifed in QA, lots of experience!! ;)

Edited by fraser

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.