Browsing Network Files/Folders

Guest jhinchl

Guest jhinchl

I've managed to setup activesync over wifi with no problems and I can browse folders and files that are on the desktop computer via the phone using the file explorer but none of the documents, pictures or music files open when I click on them. I can set a picture as the today wallpaper so its got access to the files ok but if I try to open them nothing happens.

I have installed netuse to see if that works any better but I can only browse as far as mshome with no networked computers being shown.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?.

Cheers

Guest rickyburke

have you tried copying a file over to our phones memory?

maybe it doesnt like opening the file from the destination computer, because when you set a background it copies the picture to the /Windows/ system file.

Give it a go and let me know.

Guest jhinchl

I have just tried copying a file over from the desktop to the phones memory and it copies across fine,which is ok if i want to copy and open a document but not very practical if I want to open a sound or video file.

Guest rickyburke

ah right so you want to be able to stream videos and music over the network!

i use resco file explorer 2003, and this works really well, playlists i havent tried, but single files i.e. one track or a ripped dvd are fine, try downloading a trial of it and see if this helps, also make sure the file is associated with the correct program you want to open it with, it should be set as default anyway.

http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/explorer/downloads.asp

Guest spleener

I've tried setting Resco up on my M2000, but can't get it to install.

Sorry for the dumb-ass questions (I've just started using this device today and it's my first PDA):

- Which version of Resco 2003 should I download?

- How do I install this on the device?

- How can I browse shared network folders on my PC using File Manager or this Resco program?

Thanks++

Andre

Guest Jay247

Hi spleener,

the file you need is at the top, "Pocket PC 2003", ignore the rest. The difference between those two files is as follows:

1.) "Install Setup" runs on your PC, with the Blue Angel connected via Active Sync. Once you run it, it will install Resco File Explorer directly onto your device.

2.) "Arm Setup" can be run directly from your Blue Angel. It's slightly larger in size, but you don't need a running PC for it.

Once you're done, run the program on your device by simply going to Programs - Resco File Explorer. Enjoy.

To browse folders on your network, you can simply map them, just like you would in your Windows XP Explorer. Needless to say, but for this to be possible your folders need to be shared on the network.