Wildfire is being pulled

Guest dazza12

Guest dazza12

If you are a heavy user like me, no doubt you've been using Wildfire, the answerphone replacement that you speak to to retrieve and manage your messages.

Orange bought the company that developed Wildfire some time ago, so it is now an in-house product.

I find it invaluable, as if I am driving I can get my messages without breaking the law (apart from pressing one button on the phone). I can retrieve, delete - even call recipients from within the product.

Imagine my annoyance at receiving a letter this morning announcing that the product will be discontinued at the end of this month (May). Not only do we get very little notice of this fact, but the product isn't being replaced. We revert to the old answerphone service. This is impossible to use in the car, as you need to press buttons on the phone to go to the next message, delete etc, and doesn't save numbers as callers come in. There is a high level of interaction needed.

Orange clearly haven't thought this through. I suspect this is a money decision, unfortunately they've not really paid that much attention to how much some users depend on the product and will be looking to move to a network that provides a better service.

I for one am not happy at this and will be complaining to the Executive Office. If you are in a similar position, I urge you to either write to them or fax them on 0870 374 8129. Don't bother writing to the Correspondance department, they've ignored my last two complaints.