New JAM rom from iMate

Guest Vector

Guest Vector

i-mate have released an update for our JAM's ;)

Fixes:

ROM builds with radio versions 1.05.00 and 1.10.00 all include audio enhancements for voice calls. Radio build 1.11.00 includes improved support for Cell Broadcast and SIM Toolkit applications.

All new builds contain the improved camera driver and fix for "No Bluetooth Hardware" bug. ROM builds 1.11.00 also includes a new MMS client for improved network compatability and an upgrade to the Operating System.

The North American 850 build includes support for more T-Mobile SIM subscriptions. These settings are all available as separate operator CAB settings files for download from this site.

Detailed i-mate™ JAM instructions for the whole upgrade process are available here to "How_to_upgrade_the_Operating_System_of_your i-mate_JAM_Device.PDF">.

Ensure that Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7.1 or above is installed on your PC. This can be found on the CD-ROM that came with the i-mate™ JAM or can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile. Follow the on screen instructions. Then connect your i-mate™ JAM to your PC with the USB Cable connected directly to the PC.

Don't forget yoiu have to be a club imate member to download ;)

http://www.imate.com/t-DEVICE_JAM_UPD.aspx

Guest jfran

Now everyone can have the imate 1.11 Rom / Radio thanks to the guys at XDA Developers, have fun guys.

Those of you with the anansky ROM might want to get this radio version them do the patch again as I have noticed more stability and better audio quality.

rgds

jim

Guest mike-oh

OK before i go bonkers?! If i install this will i still be able to install all the UK T-mobile settings? I couldn't see them on the links given.

Guest thereaperman
OK before i go bonkers?! If i install this will i still be able to install all the UK T-mobile settings? I couldn't see them on the links given.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you need to download the cab stuff from the ext rom folder under tmobile to your sdcard then run the autoexec file and it will install all the tmobile stuff etc

Guest GDawes

Which build/download should a UK T-Mobile JAM use.

Is it possible to back up exisiting rom with any tool first?

Anyone tried ?

Any real benefits , will a pair of bluetooth stereo earphone work?

Guest monty1
you need to download the cab stuff from the ext rom folder under tmobile to your sdcard then run the autoexec file and it will install all the tmobile stuff etc

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok sorry guys but Im confused . I have A T mobile MDA , can i join this I mate club ! . Also has anybody tried the upgrade yet . I have the original T mobile ROM and it is quite stable , guess i need to be persuaded that the upgrade is worth it . Previous experience with orange SPV roms led me to believe that they often broke more than they fixed

Guest jfran

you will not be able to join clubimate with the mda as the mda is a carrier specific device.

qtek and mda users will not be able to run the imate rom as is as it will have a different country code and you will get some errors, however if you were to extract the files in the ROm and obtain the file called maupgradeut_noid and run this ensuring that the extracted files are in the same folder, if you got the error as mentioned above, running it again should solve things.

This upgrade btw would add to the stability of the device.

rgds

jim

Guest GDawes

I know I cant join club imate

However there was an alternate download site suggested here. Read carefully

I cant see the UK ROMS on that FTP site.

Guest monty1

Any of the experts willing to put a step by step guide to installing the 1.11 . i have a T mobile MDA , and it all seems so complicated . I am bricking it that I will end up with a dead device .

Guest jfran

Tricky stuff, but can be done.

If you are able to get hold of the imate rom, you will need to extract its files and install the upgrade executable file.... esay isnt it ;)

Ok here it goes

1. Download the Rom file

2. Right click and extract to a named folder

3. You should end up with about 6 individual files; ms.nb1, radio.nb1, nk.nb1 ruu.conf, ruu.dll, enterbl, getdevicedata and maupgradeut, the maupgradeut is the file that runs the upgrade if you were an imate user, however as a MDA user you need to get hold of the maupgradeut_noid file which could be obtained over the net or from the xda developers site.

4. Once you have this maup....noid file you will need to add this to the folder created above as this is the file needed to initiate the upgrade.

5. In activesync, click on file and connection settings and untick the USB connection.

6. Connect the phone to the USB, and run the maupdateut_noid,

7. The upgrade wizard wil start, go through a few checks then eventually come up with the coutry Id error.

8. Run the maupgradeut_noid file again and this time it should allow you to run the wizard.

9. The process should then go through 3 stages which should last about 10 - 15 minutes.

10. When finished you should get the upgrade successful notification and a promt to reset the device

11. Hope that helps.

Rgds

Jim

PS: Please do not do this if you are not comfortable, You are doing this at your own risk!!

Edited by jfran

Guest GDawes

Once you have the file JAM_WWE_11100_132_11100.exe

What do you do? Is this all you need, seems to be an installshield installer with instructions built in.

Are there any backups to do first? is it possible to backup existing ROM first?