M2000 WiFiFoFum

Guest brandall

Guest brandall

I've just downloaded WiFiFoFum because my next door neighbour is having trouble encripting his WiFi internet connection...... shame ;)

I get connected to it, but when I set internet explorer off and running, it brings up an error saying "Cannot connect with current connection settings"

I click on the offered "settings" link, then I'm stuck....

What do I do now - I want to download Skype and phone a chat line before he goes to bed and shuts it off!

Guest brandall
Try using StreetHawk, that will test the internet connection for you. Works a treat on my XDA IIs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks - I've installed this program now - but it still refuses to offer me an internet connection. In the tutorial it says "First make sure you can browse the web in explorer when connected to your access point".

I think this is my problem - but how do I fix it?

Help!

Guest jfran

are you sure the internet connection is not protected, ie WEP enabled, anyway I have found that pocketwinc is able to do the trick if indeed WEP is disabled.

rgds

jim

Guest fraser

Go to Settings/Connections/Connections, then advanced, then "dailing rules" and ensure that they aren't set to GRPS or something like that. This is where applications decide which network to use.