Warning: Activesync 4 problems

Guest flashflash

Guest flashflash

downloaded AS4 for my Jam and C500, then noticed problems. Nothing would sync after a while, so I decided to revert back to AS3.8. Now nothing works. Cant connect either Jam or C500. I'm seeing alot of people having problems see XDA deveopers site.

I am unistalling AS4 and re-installing AS3.8, nothing!

trying AS3.7.1

Guest jfran

To successfully uninstall ActiveSync 4.0 and reinstall a previous version of ActiveSync on your desktop PC, perform the following procedure.

1. Uninstall ActiveSync 4.0.

2. Open File Explorer, navigate to the System32 directory in your Windows directory, and then manually delete the dynamic-link library Rapi.dll.

3. Reinstall the previous version of ActiveSync.

rgds

jim

Guest levien26
To successfully uninstall ActiveSync 4.0 and reinstall a previous version of ActiveSync on your desktop PC, perform the following procedure.

1. Uninstall ActiveSync 4.0.

2. Open File Explorer, navigate to the System32 directory in your Windows directory, and then manually delete the dynamic-link library Rapi.dll.

3. Reinstall the previous version of ActiveSync.

rgds

jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i did this and reinstalled 3.7.1 but it will only connect as a "GUEST" any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited by levien26

Guest flashflash
i did this and reinstalled 3.7.1 but it will only connect as a "GUEST" any ideas on how to fix this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

arrhh you have the same prob as me.

Now, my home pc was fine, managed to revert back to AS3.8, however work PC is proving to be a problem. Infact I have spent all day searching through various reg fixes,

regsvr32, renaming PPC, any many other tweaks found on various sites. Have I fixed it.. NO.

AS3.8 is installed and will only connect as a guest... So I have given up..

Guest shardy

I've tried ActiveSync 4.0, and most features work but it will not Sync AvantGo on my M2000. It says it has but 'completes' the process in about 2 seconds rather than the 35 seconds it used to take, and afterwards my channels haven't updated. Oh well, guess it's back to ActiveSync 3.8 for me!

Edited by shardy

Guest jfran

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try deleting all profiles and reconnecting to see if you get the connection wizard

rgds

jim

Try deleting all profiles and reconnecting to see if you get the connection wizard

rgds

jim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tried all of this, still the same problem. So I will just stay an 4.0, up to now had no major problem with it.

Guest Rob.P

Have you actually deleted the profiles folder or just deleted the profiles through activesync?

I usually find deleting the actual Profiles folders sorts the prob out, you can find them in Documents and Settings>[username profile]>Application Data>Microsoft>Activesync>Profiles

Guest kiwiruss
Have you actually deleted the profiles folder or just deleted the profiles through activesync?

I usually find deleting the actual Profiles folders sorts the prob out, you can find them in Documents and Settings>[username profile]>Application Data>Microsoft>Activesync>Profiles

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did the uninstall of 4.0 and deletion of rapi and reinstall of activesync 3.8 and even a hard reset of my pocketpc, and can also only connect as guest now.

Guess I'll go back to 4.0 also :-(

PS: also tried deleting profiles folder to no avail.

PSS: installed activesync 3.71 after removal of 3.8 , no good either. Installed activesync 4 and it let me create a partnership. theres obviousely something else version 4 does that we need to undo if we are to remove it entirely.

Edited by kiwiruss

Guest kiwiruss
I did the uninstall of 4.0 and deletion of rapi and reinstall of activesync 3.8 and even a hard reset of my pocketpc, and can also only connect as guest now.

Guess I'll go back to 4.0 also :-(

PS: also tried deleting profiles folder to no avail.

PSS: installed activesync 3.71 after removal of 3.8 , no good either.  Installed activesync 4 and it let me create a partnership. theres obviousely something else version 4 does that we need to undo if we are to remove it entirely.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Found I can activesync avantgo by connecting my pocketpc and then opening the client on the pocketpc and telling it to sync.

let me know if this works for you guys and gals

EURIKA ! to completeletely uninstall Activesync4 and go back to 3.xx you have to remove 2 files from c:\windows\system32. rapi.dll and ceutil.dll

rename them after uninstalling activesync 4 and reboot , then delete them. then install 3.8 and you'll be able to set up your partnership again. (Also delete programfiles\microsoft activesync folder.

Edited by kiwiruss

Guest MitchellO
I've tried ActiveSync 4.0, and most features work but it will not Sync AvantGo on my M2000. It says it has but 'completes' the process in about 2 seconds rather than the 35 seconds it used to take, and afterwards my channels haven't updated. Oh well, guess it's back to ActiveSync 3.8 for me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exact same problem. Disabled avantgo sync in activesync.

Found I can activesync avantgo by connecting my pocketpc and then opening the client on the pocketpc and telling it to sync.

This is what I have been doing for the past 2-3weeks (since upgrade). Works fine, just not as convenient. Syncing it over twice as fast though!!!

Guest akiraware

;)

Hi

I solve my "GUEST" only problem with activesync 4 using this trick:

At HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services see if a key named GuestOnly has a value of 1. If yes change the value to 0 and in your next connect the partnership screen appears again.

I´m using WinXP With Service Pack 2

Activesync 4.0.4328 (syncing with USB cable)

Mpx200 with WM2003 (Super Moto 2 ROM)

Hope this help someone...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BubMC
;)

Hi

I solve my "GUEST" only problem with activesync 4 using this trick:

At HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services see if a key named GuestOnly has a value of 1.  If yes change the value to 0 and in your next connect the partnership screen appears again.

[...]

Thanks helped me!