Feinting goats

Guest mike-oh

Guest mirpy1
,May 14 2005, 21:07]Humans can suffer from a similar condition, there was a documentary

about it a few years ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Narcolepsy, i watched the same thing you could be having a chat with that person and they just go to sleep mid conversation frightening and weird.

just had to edit, my spelling was bad thing i just had :exclaim: ........................................................a bout my self (yawn)

Edited by mirpy1

Guest mike-oh

I think narcolepsy is a little bit different. The goats actually remain conscious throughout, it's a muscular as apposed to neural thingy.

Anyone else know about this?

Mikes 1000th post countdown......11 to go

Edited by mike-oh

Guest awarner [MVP]

True I was commenting on the similarities where it's a neurolgical condition bought on by forms of excitment.

Info taken from a site for Narcolepsy

The other conspicuous symptom is a sudden loss of muscular control triggered by amusement, anger or excitement which is called cataplexy.

Other symptoms of Narcolepsy are:

Temporary paralysis on falling asleep or awakening (sleep paralysis).

So the paralysis is a similar condition but it was actually cataplexy I was thinking about in the documentary mentioned above, I just forgot the name of it.

Guest beersoft

thats very odd, but made me laugh :evil:

anyone want to chase livestock with umbrellas to see if that happens to cows and sheep and stuff??

later

Owen

Guest mike-oh
Don't know much but quite an unfortunate genetic trait.  How did they ever survive?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The genetic trait probably arose through selective breeding during domestication.

Guest nemos
The genetic trait probably arose through selective breeding during domestication.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Understandable and the logical answer. I should have been more specific. You think this was a trait selected for or a piggy-back trait to another trait of interest?

Guest mike-oh

Probably nearer a piggy back type thing. But i reckon it's actually an abnormality that has been brought about as a result of selective breeding. In much the same way that inbreeding in humans can lead to things like extended coxics (sp?) so it looks like they have a tail! (ask anyone one from the Isle of Portland, Dorset ;)). Genes can do funny things!

Mikes 1000th post countdown.....only 4 left!

Guest nemos
Probably nearer a piggy back type thing. But i reckon it's actually an abnormality that has been brought about as a result of selective breeding. In much the same way that inbreeding in humans can lead to things like extended coxics (sp?) so it looks like they have a tail! (ask anyone one from the Isle of Portland, Dorset ;)). Genes can do funny things!

Ahh, the tails on humans. Yes, I have seen some fugly pictures of those. Weird stuff indeed.

Guest AngelOfRage
Narcolepsy, i watched the same thing  you could be having a chat with that person and they just go to sleep mid conversation frightening and weird.

just had to edit, my spelling was bad thing i just had :exclaim:  ........................................................a bout my self (yawn)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[offtopic]

yeah and they developed a drug for them called Modafinil, which stops people from falling asleep, a guy at work got some and was taking it so he could work 24hrs with out sleeping. im remaining cautious and yet to try them...

[ontopic]

That video is hilariousm although im alittle worried that somebody felt the need to name all her goats, including 1 called J Lo :shock:

Edited by AngelOfRage