WiFi Not Finding No Networks

Guest c0v0c

Guest c0v0c

;) Any guys help?

I've had a few replacement phones and always use my M2000 with my home PC via my Netgear router, my main PC connects to the router via RJ45.

I dont use any encryption over the connection, have never had any probs with past phones but always only allow a defined Access List MAC address i.e. My M2000's MAC id.

When i get a replacement M2000, 1st i go into my netgear setup and delete the old M2000 MAC address.

I then turn access control off on my Netgear router, enabling other wifi devices to see me.

I then turn on Wireless Lan on M2000, it then detects my network.

I then add the new MAC address connected to my Netgear router and hey alls hunky dory.

EXCEPT....

Since i got this replacement M2000 it dont find NOUT!!!

I normally browse wifi everywhere where there not locked but noticed this one dont seem to find any?

I'm going out later and will try in the pub which has a cloud access wifi point.

I've also try using 3rd party sniffers i.e. Pocket Boingo to no avail.

If any you guys (fraser pls help) know of any settings that change the sniffing pattern on the M2000 then plz reply with some help.

BTW tried changing the channel used by my wifi Netgear router, none are detected.

Please help, cheers (i'll have a pint for u all 8) )

Guest fraser

As you said, try it in the pub. Sounds like it's broken if it's not detecting anything. Ain't come across any settings that disable the way it looks for networks, tho one of the sniffers you installed might have done that. Did you try to connect before installing any additional WiFi software?

Guest rickyburke

have you tried using wififofum, its much better than boingo, as boingo is only designed to connect with boingo hotspots.

Guest c0v0c

Thanks guys,

Tried WiFiFoFum as advised, no joy.

No joy in Pub either.

Tried messing with the perfomance slider for best battery/best performance also but no joy.

Fraser in answer to your question i never tried any 3rd party software originally, never used anything other than PPC Wireless LAN Manager, the 3rd party software was only used at the fault finding stage.

Will ring O-cs to see if they can send a replacement, although I've a feeling they wont as they said they dont support the WiFi functionality of device.

Guest fraser
Will ring O-cs to see if they can send a replacement, although I've a feeling they wont as they said they dont support the WiFi functionality of device.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is bull from O. They might not support helping you setting it up (which is fair, it's often not easy), but if it's completely dead then the phone is broke and there are laws about that sort of thing.

Are you willing to hard-reset? Do a reset, turn on wireless and see if it picks up anything. If not, it pretty much has to be broken.

There is one thing it may be...some wireless lans don't broadcast their SSID, so you won't ever find them. I doubt the public one is like that, it makes setting it up harder as you need to manually type in the SSID. You could just take a walk through a city or heavily populated area with a wififofum running and see if it finds anything.