SD card recommendations

Guest spleener

Guest spleener

Can anyone recommend a fast 1GB SD card for use with an SPV M2000?

I've just got my M2000 set up and want to invest in a fast, reliable and preferably cheap SD card.

All suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Andre

Guest fraser

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I get all mine on eBay, no VAT cough cough.

Guest spleener

Thanks Fraser - I'll have a look.

Are there different kinds of SD cards? What should I be looking for to make sure that I get one that works with my M2000?

Cheers

A.

Guest SimonRobinson

I've just got my M2000 set up and want to invest in a fast, reliable and preferably cheap SD card.

All suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Andre

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've been using a Kingston 1Gb card in mine since I had it (in my SPV, E200, M1000 before that).

No problems at all.

Guest fraser
Are there different kinds of SD cards?  What should I be looking for to make sure that I get one that works with my M2000?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only difference is the speed really, but it's often hard to tell which speed a card is. Not that it's a huge deal, all cards are as fast as they need to be for the phone, it's more how impatient you are when copying large files onto it.

Guest RiceBurner

Mine is a "Corsair" that I bought from scan.co.uk for around £45 + p&p. MUCH quicker than the 32Mb one you get from Orange!

Guest bruceybonus

I got the corsair one from scan.co.uk 1GB 44x and it seems to be working perfectly had a special on them the other week, got it for £43

Guest justsomeone

speaking of sd cards etc, why can't the likes of spv m2000 and co have two memory card slots ? i have one sd card full of music, one full of games and another i dedicated to 'travel' - tube, streets a-z, fizz traveller etc. tis a bain swapping em over each time i wish to use a certain app or listen to kylie <blushes>

Guest rickyburke

Dont think enough people would need more than one slot to be honest, and it'd make the device A LOT bigger! if you're into leather (ooohh errr) cases for our pocket pc, some of them come with sd pockets inside. the one dade reviews at the top of this forum even has credit card pouches, v.cool, as for the SD card, ive got an Extreme memory 1gb Card bought from www.aria.co.uk for about £35-£40.

But i love the new San-Disk cards with the built in usb connector!!

Goodbye Card Readers!

Guest alsxuk

Just bought a 2 Gb SanDisk thru auction for £100 - don't know whether that's expensive or not but it works fine on my XADIIs, iPAQ, digi-camera and video camera.