TomTom Mobile 5 Released!

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed the support guys informing them that I wished to cancel the order an d I later received a reply stating they had forwarded my cancel request to 'Logistics'.

A few days later I checked the order status and it was 'CANCELLED'.

It took a few more days for the credit card to be refunded.

• 1 month later...
Guest JOEJOETHEJOEY
Ive using a Fortuna (Had it for years) and it works a treat. What I wanna know is they ofeer compatability with other devices yet wont sell it as a stand alone :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean you have managed to get Tom Tom Mobile 5 (smartphone version "NOT" PPC) to work with the Fortuna Clip-On BT GPS? What's all this about needing to buy a TomTom GPS then?

Guest hp324

Let me ask this: I am in the US. Does anyone know if this will work on an audiovox smt5600 (just a rebranded c500)? It is not available in the US, but if I get the UK version, and downlaod the US maps, can I expect it to work? Also, does anyone know how much they charge for the US maps?

Thanks for any help!

Guest hp324
At this moment in time TTM is not available for the US market.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

awarner, thanks for the quick reply.

I understand that it isn't available in the US market; I'm trying to work around that. If someone in England were to buy one, and then add the US map, I assume it would work if that person came to our little side of the world.

My question then is, is there any thing to stop me from doing that myself. My phone is basically the same, GPS works here (even if not as well), so I cannot see what the problem would be. But I'd like to try and confirm that it would work before going out and spending my dollars (on Euros!).

Is there anyone that sees anything I am missing? Is there a way I can perhaps get a hold of the software and try it out on a friends gps receiver? I really want this, and have no patience to wait and see if it will come out in the US. I called them and they said they have no plans. I don't think the previous smartphone version ever came out here.

One other thing I was curious about: If I had a GPS unit and software and I were in the US with only a UK map (or vice versa for that matter), what would I see? The sattelite connection should be working, so would it just show a location in terms of lat and lon, leaving out all streets. Does it have the major roads installed anyway?

Again, thanks for the help.

• 5 months later...
Guest nickcornaglia

TomTom Mobile 5

Anyone know if they are preparing for the US yet?

I know they have the maps as they are promoting TomTom Go units on TV all of the time.

Wonder if they'll ever get around to supporting US Smartphones/Maps.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Not that I am aware of, from what I understand it's due to the fact that phone usage is different in the US to the likes of Europe and bluetooth is not as widely used at the moment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.