Outlook Sync

Guest m444rcus

Guest m444rcus

Hi,

I want to sync just one one folder, a sub folder of the Inbox, for which I can put a tick next to the folder name, this works fine. What I don't want to do is sync the actual Inbox!!! Am I missing something or is there no way round this?

Cheers,

M

Guest m444rcus

Okay I've had a lateral thinking go at it and it's kinda worked... I've set up an email rule that moves all new emails into a sub folder of my Inbox, called... Inbox. This now allows me to sync just the required subfolders of the Inbox as the actual Inbox is forever empty ;) (did you follow that?)

But is there a better way?

Cheers,

M

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

I sort all my different accounts into different sub folders anyway but ActiveSync is designed to sync your Inbox folder and AFAIK there is no way to stop it doing this. Your method works fine just it might be an idea to call it something other than "Inbox".

I have seperate folders for hotmail, gmail, my Orange email, my .com domain, my .co.uk domain and a coupe of other accounts I have I then have other folders for other rules I've set up.- Nothing actually stays in my "Inbox" folder so, like you, I can chose what I want to sync.

HTH