Customizing homescreen 'contacts' key

Guest u_trip

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

What are the other things you can do with this tweak knowing it can launch both *.EXE and *.LNK files?

Ideas?

Guest Pagemakers

Sorry. Don't get it ;)

Can someone give me a stop by step to:

1) Make the right shortcut open the Inbox instead of Contacts

2) Rename the right shortcut button to 'Inbox' and not 'Contacts'

3) Still have the Contacts button in Start/Contacts actually open Contacts and not Inbox.

Cheers guys.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

You're welcome Pagemakers.

Coming up... 'Compose New' SMS tweak, can be launched using a speed dial key. ;)

Guest fozzie

I use the cheats method; I've a sub folder hidden away in the depths of my start menu where I dump all these sorts of shortcuts. (I'm using the shortcut

20#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "SMS" -to "" -body ""

for a new SMS)

Then I can easily create a speed-dial to them through the normal method ;)

Edited by fozzie

• 5 months later...
Guest el_plebillo

Question!

Does anybody knows the default path for Contacts on a Smt5600?

I know it's not what this forum is about, but, with all those registry tweaks somebody might know.

somehow I mess it up and now, I get a ms contacts path not found message.

Thanks.

Do you guys also know how I can get the Photo Contacts application to be the default contacts application?

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Re: Contacts

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:MSCONTACTS\1

Default value (String Value) = appman.exe -s Apps :MSCONTACTS tpcutil.dll AMContacts

Re: PhotoContacts

You can use the 'right soft key' tweak to change from Contacts to PhotoContacts.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Home\Keys\113\Open

Sample string value = \Windows\Photo_Contacts.lnk ; so instead of the default Contacts app, what will launch on right soft key access will be IA PhotoContacts app.

:)

Guest Donny Bahama
Thus 112 is for the left softkey! Anyone tried this trick on the left soft key?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found a great little app called RightMenu and had it installed on the right soft key. It made for such a greatly improved Start menu that I found I never used the left soft key. So I figured- why not change the registry key from 113 to 112 and just use it as my Start menu? That way I can configure the right soft key for something else (that would be useful - like maybe photo contacts).

Well, I tried it, and the right soft key has now gone back to "Contacts", but the left soft key is still the same old crappy WM Start menu. :)

If anyone has any ideas on why this is or how to make it work, I'd love to hear them. (And if any of you download the RightMenu trial, you'll be as motivated as I am to get this working!)

Hi Guys from Toronto,

First time poster on Modaco - reason being I have just come over from SE UIQ to WM5 - I have a SP5 and am enjoying the phone a lot.

I have a question - I have the right key tweak (113) working perfectly other than if I reboot the phone (soft or hard) the soft key display reverts back to contacts although when I press it it still operates the string (in my case to open task manager).

The only way I can get the right soft key to display correctly is to go into the registry and make a change to the default value and then it iwll display correctly until I turn off the phone and we are back to where we started.

Anybody have an idea how to get the right key to show correctly all the time?

Many thanks

David the Xuk Guy

Guest PPCPassion

dmarsh,

Install the attached cab file. Go back and change the registry of key 113 to your desired choice (the way you have been doing). Reboot the phone. You may still see "contacts" displayed but pressing the contacts soft key once will correctly display Right Menu.

NOTE: I an NOT the author of this cab and do not take credit for it. However, I can't remember the name of the author--sorry!!

It does work though!!Startup_Assistant.CAB

Edited by PPCPassion

Guest PPCPassion
That must be Paul's CAB (if my memory serves me right) :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could be right, all this time I thought I got it from one of your blogs ;)

• 4 weeks later...
If you have an orange e200/c500 you can create a 'create new message' shortcut on the homescreen.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you explain how to do this, please?

• 1 year later...
Guest little_mumford

can some one please tell me how to set up the right soft key to open a new sms message, i have tried many variations on tmail.exe in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\keys\133 and none of them appear to work i can get it to open tmail.exe but nothing more besides. thanks

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
can some one please tell me how to set up the right soft key to open a new sms message, i have tried many variations on tmail.exe in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\keys\133 and none of them appear to work i can get it to open tmail.exe but nothing more besides. thanks

Hi there,

Just noted that you used 133. It should be keycode 113. Check this thread

http://www.modaco.com/TotW-Change-the-func...ey-t208536.html

For the Value Data, try using "\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "New" or create a new LNK, dump it to a folder on your phone then use as value data, the path to LNK.

This LNK code opens Inbox

00#"\Windows\tmail.exe" -service "New"

I hope that helps.

• 4 months later...
Guest achromic

Just in case anyone still needs to customise their soft key, SK2 (or Contacts), I've just written a simple application that will allow you to choose what application to link to it, and also to change the title above the key. :)

Simple to install, and simple to use, I think <_<

Any comment, just send them here.

Hope you enjoy it.

:P (Too many hours spent in front of a computer) RightkeySet.CAB

Edited by achromic

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Got no physical device to test this but it works good on WM5 emulator. Thanks for sharing, achromic. :)

sk2ma0.gif

I have to install .Net Compact Framework v2.0 from this page for the utility to work.

Guest achromic

gpcarreon No problem! :)

Hopefully, I should be updating the application. Adding in a few more tweaks.

Once again, it'll be freeware!

Please use, enjoy, and share :D

:P 2nd August 2007!!! ;)

Just to left anyone who wants to know, the new application is ready. This one takes over from SK2 Setting.

Download it directly from here,

AchromicsTweaks.CAB

or from

Achromics Tweaks

Once again, :D Too many hours infront of the computer!

Edited by achromic