Calling contacts

Guest Dilly

Guest Dilly

I recall seeing a tip somewhere about an app that you can get which makes calling contacts on a pocket pc use the same mechanism as per a smartphone - i.e. as you hit the characters when scrolling through the address book, the app is intelligent enough to filter those that match. Does anyone know about this, or am I going senile? :-)

Guest sprouts42
I recall seeing a tip somewhere about an app that you can get which makes calling contacts on a pocket pc use the same mechanism as per a smartphone - i.e. as you hit the characters when scrolling through the address book, the app is intelligent enough to filter those that match. Does anyone know about this, or am I going senile? :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In contacts there is a box in the top right hand corner. When you type in there in filters quite nicely. Is that what you are after?

Guest Dilly

Got the link I had recalled - ContactBreeze is the app I was after.

During my search for the 2 apps you guys mentioned I found the one I had heard about - thanks for the help.

Btw, I tried the other 2 apps and they aren't (IMO) as good as ContactBreeze. This is as close to the Smartphone interface as you can get, and that is the best interface I've used in regards to accessing contacts.

thanks

- Dilly

Guest pizdyetz77
Got the link I had recalled - ContactBreeze is the app I was after.

During my search for the 2 apps you guys mentioned I found the one I had heard about - thanks for the help.

Btw, I tried the other 2 apps and they aren't (IMO) as good as ContactBreeze. This is as close to the Smartphone interface as you can get, and that is the best interface I've used in regards to accessing contacts.

thanks

- Dilly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

On your advice I tried ContactBreeze. I can't get it to work though!!! I've tried installing it to various locations (RAM, Storage & SD) but the closest I can get to actually using it is getting into the settings. There's no .exe to start the actual program.

Can you help?

GH

Guest justsomeone

hello,

er... as sprouts 42 said, typing in that top right-hand box acts just like my spv e200 did when pressing keys for letters of contacts etc.

Guest pizdyetz77
hello,

er... as sprouts 42 said, typing in that top right-hand box acts just like my spv e200 did when pressing keys for letters of contacts etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you ever tried doing that while driving?

Guest justsomeone

..nope, and nor should you mister ! ever considered not using the phone when driving or even <gasps> stopping the car altogether and THEN phoning... works a treat, honest ! lol... ;-)