Start menu text colour

Guest sprouts42

Guest sprouts42

Its a very quick question probably with an obvious answer. I have just created a homescreen theme which has a white background. All the stock themes have different colour text. However using theme generator there is no option to change the start menu text colour and it defaults to white on the phone.

Anyone have any idea how I can change the start menu text colour?

Guest rickyburke

i havent used theme generator, but is there an option to edit an existing theme? this way you could edit the one with the Black font, cant remember the name. ;)

Guest sprouts42
i havent used theme generator, but is there an option to edit an existing theme? this way you could edit the one with the Black font, cant remember the name. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried this, I used bliss which has a blue text and just changed the picture. That was it. The start menu text came out white again. I even tried it with grass to the same effect!

Edited by sprouts42

Guest rickyburke

ok i've just downloaded theme generator, and the text on mine defaults as black!!!

You can change the homescreen text to any colour, but in the start menu its always black!

Guest sprouts42
ok i've just downloaded theme generator, and the text on mine defaults as black!!!

You can change the homescreen text to any colour, but in the start menu its always black!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How strange, I have created a few themes now and the default start menu text colour is always white, the defualt themes text is black. I checked the windows mobile site and there is only one version of the theme generator.

I have worked around it by changing the darkness and transparency of the picture in the start menu itself, allowing the white text to appear. Its not perfect but its good enough.

Thanks anyway.