in car tomtom help

Guest stapes200

Guest stapes200

Im looking to use my mda iii as one of those driving direction thingies (excuse the completely untechnological jargon) how can i do this and do i need to get any extra hardware. They sell gprs recivers on ebay however i was under the impression my phone was already capable of this.

Thanks for your help ;)

Guest philgriffiths

It's a GPS reciever you need, not GPRS. You can get the as part of a package with some satalite navigation (using the proper name ;) ) products, such as www.tomtom.com alternativley you can buy your own seperatley, buying either one that plugs directly into your Blue Angel (wired) or a bluetooth one. Another oprion might be to go for a parrot C3300 car kit, which offer handsfree phone usage along with the added bonus of a gps reciever aswell. take a look over at the modaco shop.

Hope thats helped

Guest stapes200

yeah thats great they seem to be real cheap on ebay do you know if it affects your phone bill or does the gps reciver do all the work?

Guest philgriffiths

I dont see why it would affect your phone bill since GPS (Global Positioning Satalites) isnt charged by orange. Some Sat Nav system do howver sometimes offer extra options such as traffic monitoring, which would cost you money each time your phone connects to their system to update its traffic details.