Guest ZiP

Guest mutleyboy

where is the download?

that link takes you to a page with info but no update to download

*edit* found it now, link is in the installations guide document

Edited by mutleyboy

Guest Pennan

According to Qtek's minimal information the update includes:

* AKU 2.6 (sort of a service pack for the OS)

* Support for Telia's *140# service

* GSM radio

When using Swedish settings, the word for "Configurations" in the Start menu has been translated to a word thats not in Swedish! :shock:

Here's more updates:

* Windows Media Player 10 Mobile

* .NET Compact Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3

* All HTC (Caller ID, Camera, FileManager etc.) applications and the MMS application has been updated.

I've also noticed that when using a profile with vibrating on a new icon is displayed that looks like a vibrating Pocket PC. The speaker with the cross is no logner displayed when using the silent profile. I wonder if this is meant to be this way since the latest emulators of Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition and Windows Mobile 5.0 does not behave like this.

For those interested, here are the version numbers:

ROM version: 2.1.32.11

Operator: 2.1.32.11

Radio: 1337.0.42_0.03.28

Manufacturer: 2.5.32.70

Microsoft: 4.21.15045.0

Language: 2.5.32.70

File System: 4.21.15045.0

Guest @ngel

A question to those who've installed it...

Does it support Greek? Greek t9?

Thanks...

Edited by @ngel

Guest hecatae

I'm currently using the previous rom, and I cant be bother to try this one til someone tells me it's got a better battery life.

Guest Pennan
A question to those who've installed it...

Does it support Greek? Greek t9?

Thanks...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No it does not support Greek.

OS languages supported:

US English, UK English, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Portuguese, Czech, Hungarian

T9 languages supported:

English, Czech, Hungarian, Swedish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Finnish

Guest @ngel
No it does not support Greek.

OS languages supported:

US English, UK English, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Portuguese, Czech, Hungarian

T9 languages supported:

English, Czech, Hungarian, Swedish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Finnish

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thans Pennan... 8)

Guest DarkJedi

i'm so glad i updated to this rom, no more application lock that crappy orange puts on their rom. now i want the windows mobile 5.0 rom ;).

Guest MorphDK

How am I supposed to create a MMS connection? There is no option in Data Connections anymore.. I can only choose between Internet, Work, WAP and Secure WAP.... ;)

Edited by MorphDK

Guest Mr.Clark
i'm so glad i updated to this rom, no more application lock that crappy orange puts on their rom.  now i want the windows mobile 5.0 rom ;).

So it works on a regular Orange C500? Is there any benefit to upgrading? Will Orange be upset if I do? (will they care?)

Guest balaaan

Did the update this morning.. 2 notes on the subject so far..

1- There seems to be a sound bug, not every click gets a notification.

2- I can't figure out how to unlock the start menu to re-arrange it (I could do this fine with the Orange French ROM & Orange Security levels software-which now refuses to work on the Qtek ROM saying the my IMEI number doesn't match!!!!).. looked everywhere & even tried a DOS emulator to change the attributes of the system files with no luck :cry:

That's all for now..

Guest mojojojo_dk

Is it possible to copy the language from a previous ROM, and use it on the new rom..? Just like copying the T9 language file, and adding a registry line.

Guest balaaan
Hello all. Does anyone know if this ROM update can be applied to the IMate SP3 version of the Typhoon? Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it certainly can!!!

I have the SPV-C500 & tried an iMate SP3 ROM & it works fine on mine.. I also recently (yesterday) updated my ROM with this (Qtek) one.. 8)

All you need to do first is to download the NBF tool from SPV-Developers, Extract the Qtek ROM (using WinZip, etc.) & edit the nbf file to match your existing ROM info (Operator, Manufacturer, ROM version, etc.) then run the update exe..

Hope this helps..

;)

note: just to clarify, we're talking about the iMate SP3 NOT SP3i!!!

Edited by balaaan

Guest ainz
Yes it certainly can!!!

I have the SPV-C500 & tried an iMate SP3 ROM & it works fine on mine.. I also recently (yesterday) updated my ROM with this (Qtek) one..  8)

All you need to do first is to download the NBF tool from SPV-Developers, Extract the Qtek ROM (using WinZip, etc.) & edit the nbf file to match your existing ROM info (Operator, Manufacturer, ROM version, etc.) then run the update exe..

Hope this helps..

;)

note: just to clarify, we're talking about the iMate SP3 NOT SP3i!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice. And muchos gracias for the info! Will give this a try over the weekend and report back.

Guest DarkJedi
Nice. And muchos gracias for the info! Will give this a try over the weekend and report back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i also heard that if u unlock the phone with florin's unlocker you can flash to any rom you want (with tweaking the rom). so i dunno.

Guest ElGato65
i also heard that if u unlock the phone with florin's unlocker you can flash to any rom you want (with tweaking the rom).  so i dunno.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Correct, the best £20 I ever spent. It has allowed me the opportunity of trying all the ROMS I have come across including the notorious French ROM, a new OrangeUK ROM, and this recently released Q-Tek ROM, and to be able to go back again to the original Orange ROM, WITHOUT tweaking anything.

Guest ElGato65
pardon?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

a new OrangeUK ROM.

All the latest ROM's mentioned above are pretty much the same as well. Oh, and just for info, I couldn't set ringtones to be on miniSD card, like could previously, which is a bit annoying.