ActiveSync keeps loading up

Guest jezza1

Guest jezza1

Hi All -

I've had an Orange SPV M2000 (HTC Blue Angel, running Windows Mobile 2003) for about 6 months now.

About a week ago, I started spotting ActiveSync appearing regularly in the Running Program List (Start/Settings/Memory/Running Programs) - it keeps repeatedly (and intermittently) loading up in the background even after Stopping it.

It also doesn't Stop cleanly as often as not, nor does it open on screen when I select Activate.

[if I do open ActiveSync manually, it opens up properly on screen and will Stop cleanly in Start/Settings/Memory/Running Programs).]

Activesync is set to sync Manually only (in ActiveSync/ Mobile Schedule), so this shouldn't be happening.

So what's going on? I'm concerned that I may be one of the lucky first recipients of a Windows Mobile virus, that is trying to contact my PC to share its payload..

.. or is this just paranoid?

jezza1

Guest jezza1

Hi Muff -

I'm not sure :oops: - how do you find out versions on the device? (is there an equivalent to Help/About on the Windows desktop apps)

jezza1

Guest Confucious

Help/About on the desktop version of AS ;)

The problem is possibly caused by an incomplete installation of a program waiting for the device - did you install anything just before this behaviour appeared?

Guest zaas

The same problem happens to me. My phone (imate Jam) would just be on my desk, in the off position. Then out of the blue ActiveSync will popup and sync with the phone, without me asking it to do anything. I hard reset my phone, and reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows XP SP1, but the same problem would happen. So I doubt it's a virus, but I don't know what it is, and it's very annoying. Any info?

EDIT: running AS 3.8

Edited by zaas