"Vague" JAM 2 details !

Guest Perfectionist

Guest Exodia

Good find!

Those specs are nice.... "Same size as JAM" sweeeet ;)

If all what he says is true (and then some), then i'll definitely be gettin one.

Guest MitchellO

Problem is it could easily be a hoax. IT would be great if it wasn't. Wifi, keyboard, 2mp camera in the same size?! Hmm...

Guest Perfectionist

I have a feeling this guy is more than likely just bulls*tting ..... however I think with all the new devices coming to market within the next 6 months and with WM 5.0 ready to go - HTC would seriously have to make the JAM-2 spec as good as, if not better than these rumours, just to maintain market share (and also make "old" JAM owners upgrade!)

I can't see how HTC will position their upcoming "Universal" model if the next JAM is as good as this ..... why would anybody want to carry around a brick like the MDA4 when the "Wizard" is pretty much the same but with a much sweeter form factor ???

Anyhow, HowardForums is the place to be to find out !! (especially since Modaco seems to be so quiet right now .... ;))

Edited by Perfectionist

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, I thought there were big holes in the guys info - he didn't remember how many devices he'd seen for instance - but then ... maybe. If you see loads of photos or mock-ups of devices it might be easy to get confused about how many different devices there were.

Time will tell, but the specs look plausible - 2mp cameras are on other devices, and sliding keyboards are already available on PPC devices (M2000),

Guest MitchellO
can't see how HTC will position their upcoming "Universal" model if the next JAM is as good as this ..... why would anybody want to carry around a brick like the MDA4 when the "Wizard" is pretty much the same but with a much sweeter form factor ???

Exactly. The only feature the Universal seems to have over these proposed specs is the VGA screen. The difference in size for just that feature is huge.

Yes, 2mp cameras are a reality now, that is plausible, but all the other features seem a bit over the top.

I would love it if HTC made a device with a 320x320 or 480x480 display, WiFi and a builtin thumboard. OR...... get Palm to introduce a WM version of their Treo 650! That is one neat handheld, even without WiFi.

Guest Phonz

I have a tawainese friend living in HK who has also mentioned something about an upgraded jam 2 that would be out early 2006. Lets hope the samsung i300 and a competitive HTC smartphone are also released by at least then!

Guest evilking

Information like that can't necessarily be "wrong" or "fake" as its inevitable that an upgraded jam-sized device will come out sometime in the next year. Pretty anyone can talk about "classified" business meetings, and make predictions about specifications. Just add some stuff to the current model, increase the numbers a bit then BAM! You've got the HTC-Wizard (or whatever).

Guest Pondrew
Compared to the Universal, that is UGLY !!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, wouldn't touch that with a barge pole. Reminds me of a Nokia...

Guest Phonz

this is why i play with photoshop - because phone designers these days are either on bad drugs (nokia) or previously worked for toyota designing camry's ;)

Guest someone
this is why i play with photoshop - because phone designers these days are either on bad drugs (nokia) or previously worked for toyota designing camry's ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...and that's the reason I'm studying Industrial Design (in Eindhoven), too change and imprve that :D