Not Powering Up?

Guest 4x4cherokee

Guest 4x4cherokee

Hey I've got a MPX220, lost the battery cover a while back. The phones been turning off randomly for the past week and I was charging it while I was sleeping. I get up and try to turn it on and it won't power up. I've tried taking the battery out and cleaning the terminals, about as much as I know to do, what could the problem be?

Guest Paraklas

There's a similar thread here where some people had similar issues like you. What they did, they placed a wrapped piece of paper between the battery cover and the battery itself, in order for the cover to push the battery to place. You can find very cheap replacement battery covers onb ebay.

Guest 4x4cherokee

Its still not powering on. I did get it to turn on for about 30 seconds, right when it goto the home screen it automatically shut down. No matter what place I put the battery or how hard its pushed against the terminals it still won't turn on. The battery is giving power (I used the tougne to battery method).

Guest ghandlin
Anyone have any ideas?  I hope its just the battery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd send it back if it still under warranty. I'm getting ready to receive my fourth device. They just sent it out, it was on backorder for several weeks. As eager as I was to get this phone, I've been pretty disappointed with it.

Guest 4x4cherokee

I bought this phone off someone at my work that is no longer there... How do I know if its still under warranty?

Guest ghandlin
I bought this phone off someone at my work that is no longer there... How do I know if its still under warranty?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think the phone has been available long enough to be out of warranty, so you should be good.

Guest ghandlin
Well thanks for that info, its a big weight off my back.  How do I go about making a claim and sending it in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Call the original provider (Cingular or whoever). They should be able to help you out.