Fragile - Handle With Care

Guest Ixworth

Guest Ixworth

Recently broke my second LCD on my M2000. On first occassion the phone dropped out of its car cradle and onto the floor of my car. I was surprised to find that this was sufficient to fracture the LCD and also to loosen the keyboard. It cost me a little over £80 to get the screen fixed by HTC (and they tightened up my keyboard). Now 4 weeks later I knocked the phone off of my desk onto the carpetted floor of my office and smashed the screen in two places as well as denting the top of the phone.

Two points:

1) I'm disappointed that a mobile device isn't more resilient to relatively slight knocks.

2) Anyone know of a source for a spare LCD and whether its a straightforward job to replace one.

I think I'll be investing in a cushioned case after this.

Guest Pondrew

I've dropped my MDA III a couple of times, each time with my heart in my mouth. Thankfully it usually resides in the carry pouch that came with it (the kind that clips onto a belt) which has cushioned it. Even the time it wasn't in its case it survived unmarked and undamaged (landing on carpet).

Afraid aside from HTC I'm not aware of any lcd providers.

Best of luck.

Guest JamShady
I've dropped my MDA III a couple of times, each time with my heart in my mouth. Thankfully it usually resides in the carry pouch that came with it (the kind that clips onto a belt) which has cushioned it. Even the time it wasn't in its case it survived unmarked and undamaged (landing on carpet).

Afraid aside from HTC I'm not aware of any lcd providers.

Best of luck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the misfortuned of having my M2000 dropped 2 days ago (my father in law dropped it as he passed it back to me, :evil: ). Anyway, it dropped about 3 or 4 feet on its face onto a hard wood surface, and miraculously survived in next to perfect condition. The only thing that had actually happened was that the memory card went flying out, which I discovered the next day when none of my apps would actually work ;)

Still, I have free insurance with Orange, so getting a replacement isn't a problem.