Did your Jam Came with a SD card?

Guest iwod

Guest iwod

I am wondering. Coz i don't know if my Jam has one or not. it shows Storage card has 8Mb. But i couldn't even figure out if i had one stick in. If there is one than how to i get it out?

Guest MitchellO

The "storage" you see is actually some builtin space in the ROM. IT lets you store important file and programs that aren't erased if you device runs out of battery (and backup battery), or if you hard reset. It can't be removed.

The JAM doesn't come with and SD card. The XDA II Mini (another variant of the Magician) does come with a 256MB SD in box, but the mini normally costs more, the extra which would be more than the price of a 256MB SD card.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vijay555

Guys - you might want to consider doing the Extended Rom Storage hack on xda-developers website to increase the size of the flash Storage area from 7mb to 27mb, all for free! Useful to dump your backups etc on.

The instructions are not really for the feint hearted, but work perfectly. They are 2 versions knocking around, 1 ready made ROM that requires hex editing, and 1 tool that lets you dump your own rom from your phone, one click hack it using the app, and then dump it back to your phone, all with the improved 27mb (which I recommend). I had my phone 2 days and jumped right in, safely.

BTW - no one mentions this, but you will lose the programs stored in your "extended rom", these being the intellidialer mainly. You can either back this stuff up from your own phone, or download copies of it straight from xda developers.

Vijay

PS It's good to be back on Modaco. I migrated from SPV to p900 for a year, but I'm back with the Magician ;)

And FYI - magician - i think it's a great PDA, but a poorly integrated phone. It makes you miss the SPVs for one thumb usage!