Any way for me to upgrade?

Guest BoiseAlf

Guest BoiseAlf

I have tried several times to upgrade my eBay purchased phone. I tried back when 1.30 was released and again with 1.43 with no success. I've tried the "Upgrade Wizard" and the "System Update". The former fails at the "Detecting Mobile Communication" step (I think it's step 3) and the latter at Step 2 "Obtaining Device Information".

I am unable to get to the step where I can replace the systeminfo.xml file becauseit pukes immediately after compiling the XML file.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have an AT&T SIM, a black, unbranded MPX220 with the following ROM information:

Operator: 0.70.1002.0

Manufacturer: 0.243.0.0

Microsoft: 4.21.1432.0

Language: 0.50.1001.0

File System: 4.21.1432.0

Aside from the call volume issues this phone doesn't have the speakerphone option so it's pretty important that I get it upgraded. I can't find the listing on the phone now but I remember a while back determining that my hardware version was indeed correct.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest BoiseAlf
You gotta find the Offline Updater and a copy of the latest rom. Thats just about it, google around for it ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I gave it another whirl - decided to deviate from the instructions a bit. I had to unplug/replug a couple of times before it would get past the "Detecting Mobile Communication" step. But it's 52% done as we speak. Thanks!

Guest Paraklas

Type *#**837# and then the green dial key and paste here the results please..

*Edit* Weird.. after five times refreshed I didn't see my post - Sorry for double posting..

Edited by Paraklas