Activesync not connecting

Guest andysalmon

Guest andysalmon

Hi all. I think I remember a solution to this a couple of years ago from a mod, but can't find it using the search.

For some reason my computer no longer recognises my compact. I thought it might be the after market cradle, but the sync cable does not work either. There is power getting to the cable (other devices work from that USB) but the compact is not charging or connecting. The power charger works just fine.

I thought it may have been an activesync problem so upgraded from 3.8 to 4.0 which hasn't helped either as now I can't even get past the set up screen. I've removed it and reinstalled after a boot ect but to no avail.

I have soft reset the compact but not yet hard reset it. Help!!!

Guest Confucious

Whtever you do, don't do a hard reset! It will make no difference to ActiveSync.

AS has a habit of doing this for know apparent reason and I've yet to get to the bottom of what causes it or how to cure it but it happens an just about every device I've come across.

First things first, is your device being recognised in device manager when it is connected?

Guest andysalmon
First things first, is your device being recognised in device manager when it is connected?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, no joy not being recognised by D manager- says it's unrecognised.

No programs added or deleted prior to AS problem.

Guest Confucious
No, no joy not being recognised by D manager- says it's unrecognised.

No programs added or deleted prior to AS problem.

So the problem isn't actually with AS - it's with the device not being recognised. Try booting into safe mode and viewing hidden devices and seeing if there is anything there that needs to be removed.

Guest Confucious
Okay, I haven't done a single thing and now it's connecting fine. Strange....

This is what makes the problem so hard to pinpoint! It has a habbit opf doing that - but if I'd suggested you don't do anything you would have thought I was mad (but then, heck, maybe you'd have been right! :shock: )

Glad to hear it's working now.