Installing software

Guest andy1838

Guest andy1838

Does anyone know how to install software to the storage card, when I install any software it automatically installs it to the internal storage.

Guest Disco Stu

Strange.

I always install using ActiveSync, which throws up the option of where to install. Are you using this method ?

Any other problem with your storage card ?

Guest MitchellO

I use a prog called CabInst for installing CAB files on the device to the storage card. The CAB file is an installer on the PPC, and when run by itself it installs to main memory, no questions asked. This prog lets you change the install directory and which drive (ie. SD, Storage, RAM) it goes to.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/pocketpc/cabinst.html

Because of this prog, I have a backup of ALL my programs CAB files on my SD card, and in case of an emergency, I can hard reset, and reload all my progs without my computer. I also can restore a backup of my contacts and calender using the builtin XBackup. The full backup never works, but the calender/contacts backup works great!!

Guest boyo69

i use sprite backup and it has got me out of a few scrapes when the unit needs a hard reset !! it will fully restore EVERYTHING just by double clicking on the .exe backup file that i store on the storage card

as for installing programs on storage card, active sync will pop a box asking where to install to (default is 'Main Memory').....you can then select either main memory, storage (internal) or storage card......some programs are a bit fussy about where they are installed, just check with the software maker

hope it helps !

Guest andy1838
Strange.

I always install using ActiveSync, which throws up the option of where to install. Are you using this method ?

Any other problem with your storage card ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also use ActiveSync and have done for pre Smartphones which give you the option of where you want to install the software, but for some reason my MDA Compact doesn't give me this option all the time (maybe twice out of 20 times).

No problems with the storage card.

:|