MoDaCo Plus to increase in price

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest c0ntrite

an extension would be nice :D I would love to be a member now but I don't have a credit card :D I can use my parents' cc but I still need to pay them back with the previous transaction I've made. How about a two week extension? ;) or... a month? ;) But sadly if I don't make it in time I couldn't afford to be a member anymore... :D

Edited by c0ntrite

Guest asphire23

I don't get it. How could someone who afford to buy a smartphone then doesn't want to purchase a service that is cost way less than it's value, at 1/10th of a smartphone's price.

I didn't know there was a plus membership until Paul announced it on the frontpage. I subscribed in a heartbeat ;)

Guest spvdk
,Jun 3 2005, 09:21]It seems I mistakenly assumed everyone who wanted to support the site would want all the super-cool Plus stuff.

Would a lowered tiered Plus option, maybe that did something like just removing the ads, be popular? Or should I just add a 'donate' button?

Both options sounds nice. You don't need to offer much, to get donations from friendly users.

On my-symbian you can buy software through Paypal. You can also 'buy' support through the same channels for $10. When you do, you get to download a jpg with 'thanks for supporting this site'. Also your avatar is updated with 'Site supporter' and golden coins, where the activity-stars used to be. That way my-symbian shows they appreciate the support, and it doesn't them cost anything.

Personally, I like the my-symbian way. It's quick and easy (important) and you don't have to pay for services, you may not have any use for. You simply support a site you like and you get to decide the amount yourself. If $10 is not enough for you, just 'buy' another support jpg ;)

I don't get it. How could someone who afford to buy a smartphone then doesn't want to purchase a service that is cost way less than it's value, at 1/10th of a smartphone's price.

That is your point of view. Obviously not everyone agrees, or this sites founder would be a very rich man by now :D

As I stated earlier, most of us visit more sites than this single one. So while you may support this one, I guarantee that someone else in here support other sites, that you visit without paying for. That's just the way it is, and the way it should be. Together we keep a LOT of great sites going ;)

Edited by spvdk

Guest PayableOnDeath

I didn't know there was a plus membership until Paul announced it on the frontpage. I subscribed in a heartbeat  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

buy a smarthphone?

mine was free so if the plus costs 1/10th of the smartphone I should beable to get it free too then :D

Contract2win ;)

Paul I think a cheaper add free ver may be more affordable for some people

Edited by payableondeath

Guest c0ntrite

my smartphone was free also ;) ofcourse with two yr subscription contract... anyway I want to become a member because of the apps... thats it... and ofcourse to support modaco... :D

Guest c0ntrite

OT: by the way is OREXIS safe to use? any side effects? ;)

just kidding... all I see is OREXIS... OREXIS everywhere... in modaco...

Edited by c0ntrite

Guest PayableOnDeath
my smartphone was free also :D ofcourse with two yr subscription contract... anyway I want to become a member because of the apps... thats it... and ofcourse to support modaco... ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mines a one year contract ;)

but there again I guess I got put up with orange not doing the update for us yet :D

Guest ricardo the fish

Just signed up to Plus ;) , how long does it take to come into effect?

Also I cannot seen to find a reference to my user name on the Paypal Reciept e-mail. is this usual, or have I cocked up (I know the latter is what I usually end up doing!)

Guest PayableOnDeath

oh look at that my names in gold at the bottom of the forum ;)

dont remember seeing that on the Plus benefits!

I would add that to the list P

:D

Edited by payableondeath

Guest mgama
It seems I mistakenly assumed everyone who wanted to support the site would want all the super-cool Plus stuff.

Would a lowered tiered Plus option, maybe that did something like just removing the ads, be popular? Or should I just add a 'donate' button?

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm all for supporting the site (I've supported other WM Smartphone sites), but as you stated, all that super-cool stuff isn't necessary for me to invest money with the site. I've stated this in other threads recently too, maybe you've read them. ;)

Guest rameses

I've finally signed up after lurking around here for almost a year. The stuff I've picked up from this site has been invaluable, so £2 a month to support it doesn't seem too bad at all. 8)

Guest dazza12

I do have a problem signing up Paul.

I've got a Paypal account, but I logged in a couple of days ago and I've got one of those non-appealable restrictions on my account. Paypal won't tell me why, there's no chargebacks or anything on the account, but it has been used in the past to buy stuff off of eBay.

Do you offer alternative methods of payment, such as the far superior Nochex or Natwest Fastpay? They work in a similar way to Paypal, but neither seem to be as sneaky as Paypal (Google about Paypal problems for an idea of the issues with them).

As it is, I can't sign up - although I've got the money, a debit card and really want to sign up!

Edited by dazza12

Guest Paul [MVP]

I have decided that the new cost of 'MoDaCo Plus' will be £34.99, and will take effect this Friday (10th June).

In addition, 'MoDaCo AdFree' will be launching at the same time, priced at £7.99.

It will offer a lower donation tier for those that wish to support the site, but with the only benefit of ad removal.

I hope this sounds OK to everyone ;)

P

Guest magic_peanuts
That'd be me then - I've been debating it for a while, just signed up now

-Raz

Same here, been reading the site for ages.

Also was the least i could do after winning an M2000

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by magic_peanuts

Guest tsutton
In addition, 'MoDaCo AdFree' will be launching at the same time, priced at £7.99.

That's a very reasonabled priced! Well worth it. I assume it's a year?

Guest dazza12

Any alternatives for people in my situation Paul?

For instance, cheque payment or money transfer? Or even Nochex?

Paypal won't let me sign up for another account whilst my first account is restricted.

Guest dazza12
Yes, a year.

I'll be adding NoChex shortly...

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will Nochex be added before the price increase? If not, can people in my situation have a few days to take advantage of the alternative method? ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.