phone doesn't ring

Guest Wheelz

Guest Wheelz

I've had my MDA Compact for a month or so now on T-Mobile UK but i'm experiencing problems with calls. the phone is not ringing or giving any indication of an incoming call and then telling me I get a missed call. I've tried calling my phone myself and it rings for a while before shunting me to the voicemail. Has anyone else experienced this and how can I rectify it?

thanks

Guest spvdk

I've had similar problems. Turned out to be SD related, believe it or not! Try pulling your storage card for a day or so, to see if that helps.

Guest Disco Stu

Other than that, consider what third-party software you may have installed that might be caused it. Some have reported problems with Wisbar (I think)

Guest MitchellO

Often such things are caused by conflicts with other software. You may want to try hard reseting your device, and progressively installing apps to see which one causes the problem.

I have no problems with the phone not ringing. I have the following software:

vbar (MUST HAVE)

WebIS Mail

Hitchhiker WiFi Sniffer

PDAmill Anthelion - SD Card

Abidia Wireless

AE Button Plus (a MUST HAVE!!)

GS Battery Mon

PHM Powertoys - ROM Storage

MS Stock Scramble - SD

MultiIE

PHM Regedit - ROM Storage

Sandisk WiFi (MUST HAVE, obviously ;)) - ROM Storage

AE Uptime (MUST HAVE)

PocketRAR - ROM Storage

SPB GPRS Mon

Handmark Monopoly - ROM Storage

Pocket BT Tools

Betaplayer - ROM Storage

From Extended ROM:

PhonePAD (T9 input panel)

Optus GPRS Settings

O2 Dialer Skin

Total Used Space: 12.7Mb

How much free space do you have. The phone (and whole device) can become unstable with very little free space.

I also didn't install all the extended rom stuff at hard reset (hard reset, do MS bull "tutorial" and when you click finish, and the message saying "3 sec to install apps, SOFT RESET). I didn't install the CallerID (found it useless) or most other stuff.

Guest Wheelz
Other than that, consider what third-party software you may have installed that might be caused it. Some have reported problems with Wisbar (I think)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I have taken Wisbar off now and it is working. I don't have an SD card in, so i'm guessing that it is wisbar that is the problem.

Can you skin the normal top bar without wisbar?

Guest Wheelz
Often such things are caused by conflicts with other software. You may want to try hard reseting your device, and progressively installing apps to see which one causes the problem.

I have no problems with the phone not ringing. I have the following software:

vbar (MUST HAVE)

WebIS Mail

Hitchhiker WiFi Sniffer

PDAmill Anthelion - SD Card

Abidia Wireless

AE Button Plus (a MUST HAVE!!)

GS Battery Mon

PHM Powertoys - ROM Storage

MS Stock Scramble - SD

MultiIE

PHM Regedit - ROM Storage

Sandisk WiFi (MUST HAVE, obviously ;)) - ROM Storage

AE Uptime (MUST HAVE)

PocketRAR - ROM Storage

SPB GPRS Mon

Handmark Monopoly - ROM Storage

Pocket BT Tools

Betaplayer - ROM Storage

From Extended ROM:

PhonePAD (T9 input panel)

Optus GPRS Settings

O2 Dialer Skin

Total Used Space: 12.7Mb

How much free space do you have. The phone (and whole device) can become unstable with very little free space.

I also didn't install all the extended rom stuff at hard reset (hard reset, do MS bull "tutorial" and when you click finish, and the message saying "3 sec to install apps, SOFT RESET). I didn't install the CallerID (found it useless) or most other stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I do that, how do I install the parts of the rom which I want?

Guest MitchellO

There is a hidden folder called "Extended_ROM" that doesn't get hidden if you follow those steps. You can then use file explorer to browse the cab files to install the ones you want. Saved me over 10mb in space!