TomTom with new Orange Rom Update

Guest duncan888

Guest rankinl
Has anyone got the new Orange Rom update 4.2.1.1 working with TomTom?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, no problems here. Started first time following installation.

Guest ElGato65
Yes, no problems here. Started first time following installation.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got a weird one, seems with any other ROM than the OrangeUK 4.1.1.4 I get a screen corruption, only on TomTom, everything else is fine.

Guest celica1.8st
I got a weird one, seems with any other ROM than the OrangeUK 4.1.1.4 I get a screen corruption, only on TomTom, everything else is fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tomtom 5 works but tomtom 4 refuses to find the gps device ;)

Guest incey2000

If i had the Orange Rom update 4.2.1.1 i could test it......lol

But i can't find it...........lol

Someone HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Guest JamieDow

works fine with my tomtom mobile 4 after patching it

(sorry about duplicate post)

Edited by JamieDow

Guest celica1.8st
works fine with my tomtom mobile 4 after patching it

(sorry about duplicate post)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok a few questions as I'm pulling my hair out trying to get my legal copy of Tomtom to work (don't really want to go down the pirated TT5 route)

Where did you install the patch to? phone or SD card (I tried both)

Which ports have you got open? I've tried all sorts but to no avail!

TT5 works straight off and I just had one port set then (com 6 out) but tt4 just won't run ;)

Guest incey2000

I installed the new orange rom 4.2.1.1 and now i can't get tom tom 4 to work can anyone help PLEASE it worked fine before...... :shock:

Guest removed-2

I also install the new orange rom and my tomtom 4 has stopped working.

I have installed the traffic patch that previously got it working with a non tomtom gps device but this time it just doesn't want to find the gps device.

If anyone has got this working, could they possibly provide a walk through on how then got it working?

Thanks

Mark

Guest celica1.8st

The ROM is version 4.2.1.1 but we cannot post a link as it has not yet been officially released.

If you search the right places you will find it.

Anyway I've done a bit more testing (and still failed to get it to work!) I've tried with my original TT GPS unit and a Fortuna Clip On and neither work. If I leave the Clip On with it's real name then it stays (but doesn't work) if I rename it to TomTom Wireless GPS then Tomtom deletes the bluetooth connection on startup and I have to go and add it again ;)

TTM5 just works straight away with pretty much any settings

Guest mcwarre
has anyone got a complete list of tomtom5  files, and the file/folder structure to transfer onto my mini sd from the supplied one, cant seem to do this with any success. my mini sd does not seem to like added folders.

anyone else had this problem?

Have you got the tab on the mini-sd set to read only? Give that a try

Guest chewbacca
Have you got the tab on the mini-sd set to read only? Give that a try

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I now have something very odd happened , after formatting the card with sp task manager the card has gone from 512mb into one that looks like a 256mb one, card reader slot wont recognise it and i cannot get it to format beynd 241mb.

odd, very odd.

Guest incey2000

i returned back to rom version 4.1.1.4 because there was no way i could get it working with version 4.2.1.1 all works fine now........... :roll:

Guest celica1.8st
i returned back to rom version 4.1.1.4 because there was no way i could get it working with version 4.2.1.1 all works fine now........... :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like I might be going back ;)

Got some long journeys coming up soon and I will need TomTom!!

Guest ElGato65

I did too.

I live in hope that OrangeUK are paying attention to this and working on the "TomTom v4 fix", hence the delay.

Edited by ElGato65

Guest ElGato65
HAHA I needed a laugh ;)  :D  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad I could oblige. I can but hope, I'd much rather be optimistic, than pessimistic.

Guest celica1.8st

Well I can confirm TT5 with GB maps works perfectly on the new ROM (4.2.1.1) and so many extra features - it really does seem worth upgrading.

I'm now happy!

Guest Fred_

I've got TomTom Mobile 4 running on the new 4.2.1.1 ROM. Only got a GPS fix standing outside my house so not tested thoroughly. Not sure if I did anything to it to get it to work (apart from the update that was needed to get it running on the C500 in the first place).

I did copy the gps.cab file from TomTom 5 to the root of my storage card and I did get a "are you sure you want to install this file" prompt, but as the cab file is still there I think that was just TomTom 4 sorting itself out on my reflashed phone. The about screen reports the App as v4.400 (2850) and the GPS driver as v1.20.

Just tried running gps.cab but no luck - so that won't be it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest captainsensible

I'm running WM5, and TTM5 and I can't get TTM5 to see my GPS device at all!

Its a Polstar and I can pair it with the phone ok - I then assign outgoing com port 7 to it and tell TTM5 to use 'other' gps device but no luck at all

Anyone else had this problem? Its doing my head in - and I'm not sure I can go back to the old rom! ](*,)