TomTom with new Orange Rom Update

Guest duncan888

Guest Jasonkruys
I'm running WM5, and TTM5 and I can't get TTM5 to see my GPS device at all! 

Its a Polstar and I can pair it with the phone ok - I then assign outgoing com port 7 to it and tell TTM5 to use 'other' gps device but no luck at all

Anyone else had this problem?  Its doing my head in - and I'm not sure I can go back to the old rom!  ](*,)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its an incoming port on COM7 that should be set up

Guest captainsensible

Nope, still nothing when I try that - just to confirm, thats incoming port 7, no outgoing port (I believe tomtom 5 sets that up itself??)

When adding creating the initial partnership, there is a 'serial' checkbox to complete - what should this be set to?

Guest ElGato65
Nope, still nothing when I try that - just to confirm, thats incoming port 7, no outgoing port (I believe tomtom 5 sets that up itself??)

When adding creating the initial partnership, there is a 'serial' checkbox to complete - what should this be set to?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mines set @ Incoming Port (COM6).

No idea, sorry.

Guest awarner [MVP]
I'm running WM5, and TTM5 and I can't get TTM5 to see my GPS device at all! 

Its a Polstar

If you have just legally bought TomTom5 why not use the proper GPS unit that you also got at the same time? Or has the dog, gerbil or goldfish eaten, stolen or hidden it? (delete as appropriate)

Guest celica1.8st

The obvious answer is that they purchased TomTom 4 with the original unit which got stolen from their car. So they got a cheap unit from ebay and continued using TT4. They have now purchased the upgrade and therefore should be asking TomTom why it isn't working ;)

Guest beersoft

i did a qiuck check

you can't get tt5 (thats tom tom five) without a tomtom gps, so its a special kind of stupid to lose the gps with in a week of getting it or your a dirty thief and using a warezd copy

later

Owen

Guest celica1.8st

yes you can - just buy the upgrade if you had version 4. That gave you a couple of years to lose your old tomtom gps unit and replace it. The upgrade comes with no GPS receiver at all. :)

Guest beersoft

it gave you a year :)

and why not contact tomtom support about problems with tomtom unless your for some reason they dont offer any support to there customers who have just spent hard earned money on an upgrade, if you know what i mean

later

Owen

Guest awarner [MVP]
That gave you a couple of years to lose your old tomtom gps unit and replace it.

Less than a year to more precise TomTom Mobile was only released last September.

Guest earthling0001

I may be (one of) the very unfortunate one(s) who can't get TomTom Mobile 5 (not 4) working on 4.2.2.1 ROM from Orange France.

I have the same problem those with TTM4 had. I open TTM5, it tells me to switch the phone off and on to complete configuration and I note it has added the GPS to my Bluetooth setup. When I reboot, it has lost it again, and tells me to switch off and on again. This goes on in an endless circle.

TTM5 worked fine on the previous Orange UK ROM, with the except of Traffic. When an auto-Traffic update would attempt whilst on a call, the entire device would grind to a halt for about 5 minutes, and I'd receive no navigation instructions.

Seems I can't win.

Any idea what causes this issue with the Bluetooth setup for TomTom GPS?

Thanks.

Guest earthling0001

Update: I think this may be linked to the fact I have just discovered BT SerialPortSetup is a broken link in my Configurations folder.

The file serialportsetup.exe is in fact missing from my Windows folder on the C500.

Can anyone e-mail me the file and post here when done? Preferably someone with 4.2.2.1 ROM but I'll try either at this stage!

Thanks in advance :)

Guest beersoft

proberbly not, i have a sneeking suspision that posting that would get people into trouble, and it doesn't work (the joys of having 2 c500's to test the crazy ideas out on)

later

Owen

Guest earthling0001
proberbly not, i have a sneeking suspision that posting that would get people into trouble, and it doesn't work (the joys of having 2 c500's to test the crazy ideas out on)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let's not get into a big thing about this. :)

I'm not asking anyone to post it here.

E-mailing me it is not piracy as I already bought the file as part of my C500.

Reinstating a missing file is not piracy.

Orange France putting the 4.2.2.1 update containing this file on their web site for free download is not piracy.

Also, what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? :?:

Cheers.

Guest beersoft

ok, maybe i was a bit harsh, but isn't it a bit strange how noone ever asks tomtom about probelms using tt4 with a non tomtom gps

it doesn't work, means excatly that, i copied the file over from a 4.1 phone onto a 4.2 phone and it doesn't work, tomtom will delete the gps device if its named as the tomtom one and it isnt

and a final thing, im sure its been said before but putting leaked roms on your phone you do at your own risk

later

Owen

Guest earthling0001
isn't it a bit strange how noone ever asks tomtom about probelms using tt4 with a non tomtom gps ... it doesn't work, means excatly that, i copied the file over from a 4.1 phone onto a 4.2 phone and it doesn't work, tomtom will delete the gps device if its named as the tomtom one and it isnt

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you may have forgotten to put your specs on 8)

1) I don't have TT4 - I have TT5 - legit

2) I don't have a 'non tomtom gps' I have the official one - legit

3) Which file did you copy? The only file I'm looking for is serialportsetup.exe from \Windows on a 4.2 C500

4) What on earth does "tomtom will delete the gps device if its named as the tomtom one and it isnt" mean?

If someone could just e-mail the file without all this fuss that'd be great :D

modaco at the-simpson dot tv

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by earthling0001

Guest beersoft

doh! its a bit early on a saturday for me trying to be clever, that and the voices in my head are shouting about beer again :)

/me puts on helpful hat

ok, getting tt5 working on 4.2 roms we need to do this

delete the gps partnership from the phone

bond the gps with the phone

add the gps as a serial port com6 with unsecured serial (the encryption confuses the gps and you get garbage from it)

go into tomtom and it should see the gps, if it doesnt check in setttings > gps config

this may or may not work on wm5 as well, as they both use the same bt config settings

later

owen the helpful

Guest ElGato65
add the gps as a serial port com6 with unsecured serial (the encryption confuses the gps and you get garbage from it)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Works OK with secure connection on mine.

Guest earthling0001

Owen, THANK YOU so much. Why the **** TT don't tell you this in their 'comprehensive' FAQ is beyond me.

After wasting 2 days of my w/end and pissing off my girlfriend, this suddenly works! :) :D :D :lol:

:)

i like it when it works

now if orange can stop breaking tomtom with romupdates everything would be fine :D

later

Owen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, when i turn off my GPS device it looses the pairing with my phone? any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rbramhill1

I have just upgraded to 4.2.1.1 and now i cant get my TT5 to work. Its not a matter of not getting the phone to connect with my TomTom Receiver, I am unable to agree to the terms and conditions (legal Notice) that comes up when first running it. The I AGREE button just does not work. Any ideas?

ANYONE

HELP