Cingular replaced my mpx 220 with audiovox 5600

Guest djsodom

Guest djsodom

FYI, after needing to return my third motorola mpx 220, cingular informed me they were no longer replacing the mpx 220 with a mpx 220, but with an audiovox smt 5600. I received the 5600 in the mail the next day. (and I am very happy)

Guest frogger90
FYI, after needing to return my third motorola mpx 220, cingular informed me they were no longer replacing the mpx 220 with a mpx 220, but with an audiovox smt 5600. I received the 5600 in the mail the next day. (and I am very happy)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard this same thing from a guy at work today. So what about those of us using T-mobile for service? :roll:

Guest optikalsaint
I heard this same thing from a guy at work today. So what about those of us using T-mobile for service?  :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

s-o-l

i wouldnt worry to much, new firmware came out 2 weeks ago and that completely fixed my phone of all problems. once an official firmware comes out im sure it will fix almost everyones problems.

-opti-

Guest jmun2098

mine is being replaced too using the "cingular exchange program"....my phone kept messing up so i called and they said they would replace it....this was last week and the lady said "oh the mpx's are on backorder right now so its going to be a week for you get your new phone"......well its been a week and i havent heard anything or recieved anything but i want to give them a little more time just in case...but she didnt say anything about getting a audiovox 5600.....if thats the case then i wont mind at all ....im willing to try out a new smartphone.....if i dont get an email by tmw (they said they would email me when the item was shipped) then i am going to call them back and see whats going on.....

Guest jmun2098

I just called "cingular exchange" and yeah its true....the guy told me that the phones have been on backorder and were taking too long to come in and they got too behind with people waiting for their phones so instead they are sending out the smt5600....he said i should get mine by the end of the week.....now that they are doing this i seriously doubt they will ever bring back the mpx220.

Guest SARK9

I just switched to the 5600. I called regarding the volume issue with my MPx220. First they apologized, then offered to send a bluetooth headset, then offered a free phone (not a smartphone) and full refund, then offered to exchange it for the 5600. I took the 5600 offer, it arrived by next day air saver and the phone is EXCELLENT. I had the MPx200 and then then MPx220 and this phone surpasses both. The sound quality is EXCELLENT! It is also fast and a nice screen. You do lose the very nice cell camera, this one is of poorer quality, but that is the only drawback. It is THIN and just slightly taller than the MPx220 when it is closed. I highly recommend the switch if you are in doubt. The 5600 is an excellent little smartphone. I also have to praise Cingular's customer service, the first time in many years something has been addressed and gone smoothly. I was with ATT before and calling them for any problem was a nightmare. Hopefully this is a new trend and not a fluke that the service was great.

Guest MrMpx220

i to just called and they said its being shipped to me and should be here in 1-2 business days... i am excited... the 5600 sounds really sweet.... a few questions...

if i sync all my contact to Outlook then when i get the 5600 can i sync them back to the phone, or is there an easier way to get the contacts off the mpx and on the 5600? and will my fav themes still work on the 5600?

ohhh cant wait

Guest Grunt11B

I had an order for a replacement about two weeks ago. My order doesn't show up anymore and I haven't received a replacement. So, I'll be calling Cingular in a few hours. In the mean time, my MPX220 is sitting in a repair locker some place in Texas. Whichever phone gets here first is the one I'll probably stick with. I am really going to miss my MPX if it doesn't arrive soon!

Guest jmun2098

yeah it took forever to get mine so i called them again and this time they said that they are still waiting on the mpx's to come in and i said that i dont want to wait anymore so he offered me the audiovox smt5600...i just checked the tracking number and it will be here tomorrow. i dont mind getting the audiovox since i heard so many great things about it...

Guest Grunt11B

My 5600 is on the way. I'm going to miss my MPX... We'll see how I like the 5600. Maybe I'll keep my repaired MPX once Motorola ships it back to me and I've had a chance to use the 5600 for a week or so.

Guest SARK9

The fastest way to sinc up that I have found is to use the active sinc. I had a lot of contacts and it loaded them onto the 5600 in less than a minute, calendar and etc., included. There may be a way to use the bluetooth or infrared, but the active sinc is very fast.

I wish I had kept all of my accessories from my MPx200 as they would fit the 5600. I loved the 220, but am even more pleased with the 5600. I got the flexskin cover from boxwave in the mail yesterday, it is a very nice cover if you are looking to protect your phone and not have to put on the leather ones that make the phone double in width. It also is like a super gripper so wherever you set the phone it is secure.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flexiskin/...smt5600_418.htm

I had a Krussel on the MPx220 and it is a great case, but really increased the width of the phone. The flexskin cover is unique and doesn't change the size much at all. I did read to wash it 2-3 times before use and it takes off a bit of the gripping so that everything that touches it does not stick to it.

Guest jmun2098

just got the audiovox today and just messing with it i already notice a difference from the mpx...this is much more pleasant to use.....camera is better, video camera is better, wmp10 is awesome, its easy to adapt to because we are all familiar with windows mobile...biggest drawback that is that its not a flip phone and some people wont use anything else but a flip phone.

Guest Maquina
...biggest drawback that is that its not a flip phone and some people wont use anything else but a flip phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have some people at work with this mentality. I like flips to but when it comes to either getting a phone with a flip or an awesome phone that's not a flip, I'll get the awesome phone without the flip any day.

Guest XERIKX

Hey guys--

I didn't buy my phone straight through Cingular, but it is a Cingular phone. Think they'll still replace it?

Did you have to return your MPX220?

Thanks

Hey guys--

I didn't buy my phone straight through Cingular, but it is a Cingular phone. Think they'll still replace it?

Did you have to return your MPX220?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got mine from Buy.com. Called Cingular. Will have my Audiovox tomorrow. I wonder how this is going to affect my mail-in rebate with Buy.com???

Guest stephenp1983
I got mine from Buy.com.  Called Cingular.  Will have my Audiovox tomorrow.  I wonder how this is going to affect my mail-in rebate with Buy.com???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive been having the same problems as many of you have with my mx220. Locking up, and now its just randomly shutting off. So should I just call the customer support line and complain about it. Is that what you all have done in order to receive this new phone?

Also let me ask this. Does the audiovox have the same or similar features that the mx220 phone has. I really like the voice command feature of the 220. I just wanna be sure that im not getting a lesser quality phone with less features if I choose to call cingular today.

Edited by stephenp1983

Guest jmun2098

Yeah just call and then tell them your problems they should refer you over to "cingular exchange" and from there they ask some questions about the problems you are having if they try to fix it and it keeps doing it again call them back and the second time they wont even ask questions they will just replace it...make sure you ask them what phone you will be getting...becuase they will probably say that the mpx220 is on backorder and they are waiting for it (its been on backorder for about 2 months so i doubt it will ever get here) so just tell them that you prefer the audiovox......as far as voice command i dont know if the audiovox has it becuase i dont care to even use that feature so i havent even checked.....as far as lesser quality you dont have to worry about that...the audiovox is in my opinion way better quality...the screen is bigger, calls are louder, speakerphone works great, camera is decent, video recorder is way better than the mpx, never has any shut off problems, never locks up, it comes with STEREO headsets for mp3's and making calls... do this, when you get your audiovox, play with it for a day then go back and look at your mpx220 and you will see the difference in screens trust me its amazing what .2 inches of bigger screen does.....overall its a more pleasant phone to use you will love it.

Guest stephenp1983
Yeah just call and then tell them your problems they should refer you over to "cingular exchange" and from there they ask some questions about the problems you are having if they try to fix it and it keeps doing it again call them back and the second time they wont even ask questions they will just replace it...make sure you ask them what phone you will be getting...becuase they will probably say that the mpx220 is on backorder and they are waiting for it (its been on backorder for about 2 months so i doubt it will ever get here) so just tell them that you prefer the audiovox......as far as voice command i dont know if the audiovox has it becuase i dont care to even use that feature so i havent even checked.....as far as lesser quality you dont have to worry about that...the audiovox is in my opinion way better quality...the screen is bigger, calls are louder, speakerphone works great, camera is decent, video recorder is way better than the mpx, never has any shut off problems, never locks up, it comes with STEREO headsets for mp3's and making calls... do this, when you get your audiovox, play with it for a day then go back and look at your mpx220 and you will see the difference in screens trust me its amazing what .2 inches of bigger screen does.....overall its a more pleasant phone to use you will love it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for all the info I will call them tomorrow sometime. just two more questions, How does battery life compare to the mx220 any better, just curious. Also do they require you to send in your mx220 when they send you the new audiovox phone thanks again

Guest jmun2098

the battery life is supposed to be better, but i have noticed no big difference maybe a little better....for me, if i can get by through the day with the battery then its no problem because i charge it every night anyway....yeah you have to send the mpx220 back in the same box the new phone comes in......it comes with all instructions on what to do and its free to send it back you dont pay anything.

Guest SARK9

The battery is much better, you have to go and add in a voice tag for each caller, but it works faster once you take the time to set it up, and you have 14 days to return the 220 once you receive the 5600. To me it is a MUCH better phone and I LOVED my 220 and was surprised how much better the 5600 is. I like the flip, but have found not flipping is a lot faster and easier and also easier to store this phone as it is just TINY for all that it does. You also get the free Clearview suite if you get the 5600 before August so you can view all files like excel, etc. on your phone. I have had mine now for about 3 weeks and am still finding new things that it does very well and have not missed the 220 at all because I have found all features, aside from the camera (which isn't bad, just seems a bit less than the 220's was) to exceed expectation. Good luck!

Guest stephenp1983

Well to update I called cingular, and told them about all the problems I was having with the phone. At first the woman said they were going to send me a mx220 as a replacement, but I told her that wouldnt do any good because the problem will probably occur again. She then got me to check a number on my phone by pressing star pound and something else, and then agreed to send me the new audiovox one. So I am very pleased with this and looking forward to getting it.

One finaly question. What will be the easiest way to switch my contacts over. I know I can do it by beaming them one by one but is there a faster way. i have a 256 mb mini sd card now but im not sure if my contacts are stored on it or not. If anyone could give me some info on this id appreciate it

Guest jules3

There are two things you can do - If you are using activesync, and your contacts are in outlook, then they are saved there and you can import them to your new phone later. Also, you can save them to your sim card, but I believe that will only save #'s, and not addresses, but it is a good thing to do anyways.

Guest wizlights

I get my Audiovox tomorrow. Does anyone know if the time updates when you change time zones? My mpx220 never did even with a re-start. I travel with four other Cingular people and all f their phones update.

Thank You

Mark

Guest wildmanviper

I believe in order to get your MPX220 to update the time zones, you have to change the time zone option under the date and time. I travel alot and even if I change the time, the service will automatically change it back. I change the time zone, and viola.....the correct time displays.

Guest stephenp1983
I believe in order to get your MPX220 to update the time zones, you have to change the time zone option under the date and time. I travel alot and even if I change the time, the service will automatically change it back.  I change the time zone, and viola.....the correct time displays.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont have any addresses for any of my contacts. Just serveral numbers for each. Will it save all the numbers to the sim card, because im having trouble with active sync see my other topic