Bluetooth to surf the net!

Guest Kermit75

Guest Kermit75

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a Pocket PC phone (T-Mobile MDA Compact), with Bluetooth to communicate with another device with a Bluetooth dongle (PC/Laptop), and then share that connection to access the network/internet?

I don't have Bluetooth dongle on the PC yet, but would much rather use this approach, rather than an SD WiFi card.

I'be only just got the phone, so haven't read the manual fully - but it seems possible - perhaps even via Terminal Services client, but that could be over kill!

Thanks for any advise!

Guest bolasz
Does anyone know if it is possible to have a Pocket PC phone (T-Mobile MDA Compact), with Bluetooth to communicate with another device with a Bluetooth dongle (PC/Laptop), and then share that connection to access the network/internet?

I don't have Bluetooth dongle on the PC yet, but would much rather use this approach, rather than an SD WiFi card.

I'be only just got the phone, so haven't read the manual fully - but it seems possible - perhaps even via Terminal Services client, but that could be over kill!

Thanks for any advise!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, just connect to AS via BT and it will switch to passthrough connection automaticly.