Windows mobile 05.

Guest nswafford

Guest nswafford

Let me start by saying that I am a pocket pc newb. I bought the sx 66 about two weeks ago and am still learning the ropes.

I have seen a lot of hype about the new version of windows mobile. My question is about updating the OS. Will I be able to update to the new version of MS Mobile when it comes out? Is it like any other version of windows where you just buy it and install or is it hardware dependant.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Pondrew

Hi there and welcome to the community.

The Windows Mobile 2005 roms that are out there are for other devices such as the HTC Magician, HTC Typhoon, and HTC Himalaya (presumably among others), so yes they are hardware specific. The SX66 is the HTC Blue Angel badged by Siemens (but without the camera if I'm not mistaken?). At the moment there are no Windows Mobile 2005 roms that will work on this device (according to XDA-Developers.com and they always work out how to do it first) but they will come in time.

For the time being check that you've got the latest Siemens SX66 rom. I'll see if I can find the link for you...

i hav the MDA Compact im also a n00b where would i find the latest rom for that plus i see u hav the MDA III does windows work on our phones?