Damaged touch screen - Repair, insurance ?

Guest mrkipling

Guest mrkipling

I have put a tear in the touch screen of my MDA compact, resulting from a stupid drunk accident. The damage is only to the touch screen layer, and not the screen itself.

I have replaced the touchscreen parts on old Ipaq 3870's here at work, but cant find anywhere that sell just the touchscreen component for the compact/jam yet(and i am assuming these would be priced faily high as well).

I have already had a replacement JAM from T-Mobile (took 5 Weeks !) due to an error in the front speaker when in a call, and had just bought a silicone case to protect my replacement, when I damaged the screen.

Do I have any chance of getting it repaired/replaced through T-mobile without insurance ? I hear some bank accounts include phone insurance, but cant see any mention of it on my barclays current account.

Anybody have any ideas ? I feel well and truly gutted everytime I have to look at my phone at the moment !

Thanks

:cry:

Guest mrkipling

Yup, tried pocketpctechs already, no spares for the jam on their website yet, have found a full replacement screen unit from mobilefun.co.uk but these are £90 ! and are not in stock yet.

Is it possible to send my phone back to HTC directly for repair ?

I cant see any mention of insurance offered by T-mobile on their website, do they offer phone insurance ?

Edited by mrkipling