GPS questions

Guest spangelsaregreat

Guest spangelsaregreat

Hi,

As the price of Bluetooth GPS units continues to drop I am now seriously considering getting one of these.

I imagine that I will get some form of road mapping software (Co-Pilot or Tom Tom) for the car, but I am also interested in using it as a navigation device when I am out on my mountain bike.

Is there any software that allows you to use Ordnace Survey maps (1:25000 scale) that shows your position on a rolling map?

Also is there a basic compass/position software that also creates track logs for download to a PC based mapping software?

Finally is there anybody who used there JAM as a GPS device for biking or walking off road? IF so what are your experiences and do you have any tips?

Regards

Guest 6thElement

Memory Map uses OS maps and it's absolutely superb. Should do everything you want it to.

I use my Qtek S100 and Fortuna Bluetooth GPS in an Aquapac and it's a great piece of kit ;)

Guest spangelsaregreat
Memory Map uses OS maps and it's absolutely superb. Should do everything you want it to.

I use my Qtek S100 and Fortuna Bluetooth GPS in an Aquapac and it's a great piece of kit ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have been playing with Memory Map (without the GPS, still to buy that) and yes it seems very good. ]

No more getting lost in the mountains (unless the battery runs out!!LOL).

Also bought a Boxit waterproof holder as it does rain in Scotland on the odd occaision.

Regards