Can't switch on

Guest austinmitchell

Guest austinmitchell

Hi,

Just got my Jam but I've found that on a number of occasions I can't switch it on! The green light is still flashing though...

Have to do a reset, then it's OK for a while. Anyone else had this problem?

Also, because it's an Expansys B Grade, it looks like someone else has registered it with imate; can't download the new ROM as a result :-( I have sent an email though, but this might take time!

Austin.

Guest austinmitchell

It would appear that setting 'Turn off device if not used for' turns it off and then means I can't turn it back on again! Anyone confirm if this is a known problem?

Austin.

Guest Disco Stu

My Jam is set to turn off after 5 minutes on battery and 10 minutes on external power.

There have been times on battery when the backlight refused to come on but it usually does after hitting the power switch a couple of times. Otherwise, connecting to a power source got it back.

I never let the main battery get below 50% so I don't think that would be causing it.

There's nothing wrong with the occassional soft reset though so I wouldn't be too worried unless it happens so often as to be annoying.

Guest austinmitchell
My Jam is set to turn off after 5 minutes on battery and 10 minutes on external power.

There have been times on battery when the backlight refused to come on but it usually does after hitting the power switch a couple of times. Otherwise, connecting to a power source got it back.

I never let the main battery get below 50% so I don't think that would be causing it.

There's nothing wrong with the occassional soft reset though so I wouldn't be too worried unless it happens so often as to be annoying.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Happening all the time now, auto off or not, even with a hard reset device :-( Think I'll have to send it back :-( Can't afford the £400 for a new one either :-(

Austin.

Guest MitchellO

You might be able to get a warranty repair if you haven't dropped it or anything.

Just check first that you aren't holding the power button for too long when you turn it on.

Guest Metoo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This might appear random, but it sounds like normal PPC behaviour, due to pressing the power switch for slightly too long. Anything over 2 seconds toggles the backlight on and off, and it remembers this state until you toggle it again by another long press.

Edited by Metoo