M2000/Blue Angel Help Required Please

Guest lewis_saint

Guest lewis_saint

I have two main problems:

1. I cannot seem to ever get properly connected to Wireless. I have never gotten an IP by DHCP from a router, and more often than not, I am only 'connected' for brief periods of time. The closest I have come to getting things working is pinging a router once, when I set the PDA's IP manually, but I haven't been able to do that recently.

None of the routers I am trying to connect to have WEP enabled.

I am using VxUtils and WifiForum as additional tools to help get things working. I have followed many guides, including: http://wifi.aximsite.com/axim-03.html

2. I cannot remove an unused connection setting in 'Connections'. I currently have 'My Work Network', 'My ISP' and 'Unused'. I am trying to delete 'My ISP', and 'Unused', and use 'My Work Network' for everything.

Additionally, there is a Orange MMS GPRS account, which I cannot seem to find anywhere to remove.

Lewis

Ensure the router does not have mac filtering, and it's in reasonable signal strength.

for a while mine did this, a hard reset solved it.

Will

Guest lewis_saint
Ensure the router does not have mac filtering, and it's in reasonable signal strength.

for a while mine did this, a hard reset solved it.

Will

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have just done a hard reset for good measure. The 'Unused' connection setting has gone, leaving just 'My ISP', and 'My Work Network'. I presume 'My ISP' cannot be removed. The 'Orange MMS' GPRS settings are not listed in Wireless Manager, but may be back when I install the MMS.cab

With regards to Wireless, I am trying things now. One of the cabs I have (which was on the original Extended ROM), is BA_OEM_PA_Remove_WiFi_Logo_WWE.sa.CAB - any ideas what that does?

Lewis

Guest lewis_saint

I think the problems with wifi were due to signal strengths, and channel IDs (many the same on the same street).

Now, all I have to sort out is removing the 'My ISP' connection profiles, for neatness. Though perhaps I can't, as it is a default profile.