Need serialportsetup tool to use TomTom5 on mpx200

Guest BockyWocky

Guest BockyWocky

Hi everybody,

Sorry for my bad english.. :?:

I'm looking for a navigation solution on my MPX200 phone.

There is no bluetooth on this phone, so I think Infrared is the only way to let it work.

This solution has been used on a HP IPAQ h1910 / h1915 (or even other PDA's equipped with an IRda port), but have never been tested with a smartphone like the MPX200.

Irda to gps converter

I flashed the phone with WM2003 so that it was possible to install TT5M on the phone.

But now I find out that there is no option for a serial port setup to activate a comport using infrared devices inside TT5M.

I can only select 2 wireless gps models ;) . Does somebody know if this option is available in older TT versions?

Or is there a solution to install more gps devices (for serial use) to select from the menu inside TomTom?

Any suggestions are welcome..

Thanx!

Bocky Wocky

Guest awarner [MVP]

There is only the bluetooth option in TTM as it was only designed for this purpose so using IR is not really an option.

It was a gamble to buy TTM5 on the chance of trying to get it to work on the MPX200.

Guest BockyWocky

I know it was a gamble, but I also know that it was working on the first Ipaq models with only IrDA onboard (see link on first topic).

Afterwords I find out that it was not possible to connect a gps for serial use in TTM5. The quistion is.. if this option is available in older TT versions?

I have found some kind of "tomtom gps fix", but this works only on a pocketpc not on a smartpone ;)

Guest awarner [MVP]

As I said in the last post there is only bluetotth for the mobile version of TT. There has only been one previous version before TT5 and this did not have the menu option of using non TT GPS units as TT5 does.

The GPS fix is not a general GPS fix as such, it was released as a Traffic update for existing phones and as an update to make TTM compatable with the C500. It was only by chance that this update then opened up TTM to non TT GPS units.