mpx220 and mini SD problem

Guest ikarus

Guest ikarus

hi everyone

I have a mpx220 and I bought a 512 mb mini SD but i cannot see the card.

can anyone help me ?

Note: i tried the card with camera to doing test it worked, but in my mpx it doesnt work..

Guest nausea
hi everyone

I have a mpx220 and I bought a 512 mb mini SD but i cannot see the card.

can anyone help me ?

Note: i tried the card with camera to doing test it worked, but in my mpx it doesnt work..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What ROM is your mpx220 using and what brand is the SD card?

Some of the older ROMs seem to have problems reading certain brands of SD cards (like Sandisk).

Guest ikarus

guys any idea ?

is this problem about software or hardware?

do i have to bring my phone to the service?

please tell your thoughts it is urgent

Guest zero_divide_1
guys any idea ?

is this problem about software or hardware?

do i have to bring my phone to the service?

please tell your thoughts it is urgent

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that other people will agree that you should upgrade your phone. If you're using Cingular, go here

Click on "Software Update"

I recommend that you gather and backup all your programs before you do this as all of it will be erased, as well as your pictures and ringtones and things. Also make sure you don't have an miniSD in the slot until after you finish upgrading and follow the directions exactly as they say. I have the newest ROM and haven't had any problems with the miniSD.

Guest ikarus

before you upagraded your ROM did you have any problem about miniSD like mine ?

i mean this problem is about software and after i upgrade my rom it will work right ?

Guest wildmanviper

I used the same card but I got mine from Circuit City and made sure that it had smartphone compatible on it. Worked fine. I just inserted it while the phone was off. Mine was a 512 mini SD card and I think I paid about 55 for it. Not too harsh on the pocketbook.

Guest nausea

Yes, the newer ROMs (1.43, 3.45) fix a lot of issues. I'm using 3.45 on my mpx220 right now and I have no problems at all.

before you upagraded your ROM did you have any problem about miniSD like mine ?

i mean this problem is about software and after i upgrade my rom it will work right ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest ikarus

yes mine is sandisk, i will upload my ROM to 1.43. do you think will this fix my problem ?

and if i cannot fix. and if this problem is about SD brand, can you suggest me a brand of SD ?

Guest nausea
yes mine is sandisk, i will upload my ROM to 1.43. do you think will this fix my problem ?

and if i cannot fix. and if this problem is about SD brand, can you suggest me a brand of SD ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My card is PQI. I think the newer ROM will fix the problem.

Guest ikarus

I set up 1.43 version, and after finished the installation, i turned off the phone and put on the sandisk SD card, but it still doesnt work ;)

Guest nausea
I set up 1.43 version, and after finished the installation, i turned off the phone and put on the sandisk SD card, but it still doesnt work ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried formatting the mini SD card? If its under warrenty then try geting it replaced.

Guest nausea
No i havent tried to format yet, how can i do this ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You format it from your PC using a card reader. I dont if you can format it from the phone itself or with Activesync.

Guest Jamma14

You can format it on the phone using Binarys Task Manager, but if the phone cannot see the card I'm not sure if that would work..

I think you should go for a card reader, it could format it and it is quicker to transfer stuff. Also you can then see if your PC can find the card and from that deduce whether it is the phone or card that is faulty.

Guest nausea
guys i tried other brand of SD cards, but my phone didnt see all of these

i think my phone has a problem ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh No! :D

Is the phone under warrenty?

Guest wildmanviper

It might be easier just to get it replaced at circuit city or best buy. Just make sure when you exchange it, get one that says smartphone compatible on it, even the 1 gig card works with mine though the manual states that it will support up to 512mb