Jeyo Remote 2.0

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I spotted this at the Jeyo website.

About the program

Jeyo Remote is a PC remote on your Windows Mobile Smartphone. Using the built-in capabilities of your mobile phone, it can remotely operate the Windows operating system and any application running on your PC. Jeyo Remote has pre-defined remote commands that work with many popular Windows applications, and it can be easily extended to control any application. Its powerful yet versatile scripting feature allows you to create two-way remote commands not possible with a traditional remote control. In addition, you can personalize remote settings or share them with other Jeyo Remote users.

post-12251-1118820592_thumb.jpg post-12251-1118820638_thumb.jpg

snap5298mu.jpg

Jeyo Remote 2.0 has the following key features:

* Built-in support for iTunes, Windows Media Player or WinAMP playlists

* Improved PowerPoint support

* Application launch via Windows Start menu

* File browsing

* Application task management

* An extensive command library

* Powerful scripting capability, using JScript and VBScript

* Sharing of scripts and menus with other users on www.jeyo.com

* User-definable remote menu

* Pre-defined remote menu templates

* Special keys in Win Control for toggling between key maps and mouse pad and for task switching

* ActiveSync over Bluetooth support (Bluetooth required for your phone)

* Infrared (IrDA) support

* Wizard for creating a new mobile phone profile

* Quick switching among multiple mobile phone

More features at:

http://www.jeyo.com/remote/features.asp

You can download a trial version of the software at:

http://www.jeyo.com/downloads.asp

Guest bluesmudge

This app kicks serious ass . . . shame i don't have the funds to buy the full version! -

This thing lets you control the mouse for god's sake - ahhh if only all days were like these

Guest Driekus

Can't get it to work. Program is immediately closed down by XP when I try to start up the PC-side. I very briefly (2 seconds) have control over WMP, but almost instantly I lose connection. I tried un- and reinstalling, but that didn't help. Is there anyone who has got this running on XP without problems? In that case I must be doing something wrong here. It seems pretty straightforward though, with the windows installer and all.

Guest Confused Stu

OK, so am I being stupid here? What's the difference really between this software and Kingherc's freeware in the downloads section:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=downlo...date&order=DESC

I've been using this for over a year and it perfectly replicates keyboard presses, mouse movements and other stuff. I appreciate the Jeyo is smarter to look at - but Kingherc's one's FREE!!!! ;)

Guest MitchellO

I had a mouse control app for my sony t610. It was free and worked great!

Wish this app supported WM2002 for Smartphone. Just bought a cheap imate smartphone on ebay. Then again, it doesn't have BT!

Nice looking app though.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Can't get it to work. Program is immediately closed down by XP when I try to start up the PC-side. I very briefly (2 seconds) have control over WMP, but almost instantly I lose connection. I tried un- and reinstalling, but that didn't help. Is there anyone who has got this running on XP without problems? In that case I must be doing something wrong here. It seems pretty straightforward though, with the windows installer and all.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First time I ran the program, Windows Firewall (XP Pro SP2) asked if I want to Block or Unblock Jeyo from running. I chose Unblock.

Guest Seraphic
OK, so am I being stupid here?  What's the difference really between this software and Kingherc's freeware in the downloads section:

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=downlo...date&order=DESC

I've been using this for over a year and it perfectly replicates keyboard presses, mouse movements and other stuff.  I appreciate the Jeyo is smarter to look at - but Kingherc's one's FREE!!!!  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Jeyo app is better because it actually works, its got a nice interface and its great for use with apps like iTunes, etc.

Guest bluesmudge
@Seraphic

You happen to know the trial version's limitation/s? For how long will the demo version run?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it appears to have no limitations - and the program reports end of trial when i edit some settings then works as usual - so in answer to your question . . . . i don't know.

Couple of probs with it. Both concerning media player.

The playlists don't update when you change them. you may select a new playlist but the list of songs within it don't change.

And when you close media player using the PC it'll keep playing in the background untill you use the remote to stop it . . . but even then you can start it again without opening media player. Im not sure i like that.

Guest Seraphic
it appears to have no limitations - and the program reports end of trial when i edit some settings then works as usual - so in answer to your question  . . . . i don't know.

Couple of probs with it. Both concerning media player.

The playlists don't update when you change them. you may select a new playlist but the list of songs within it don't change.

And when you close media player using the PC it'll keep playing in the background untill you use the remote to stop it . . . but even then you can start it again without opening media player. Im not sure i like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try it with iTunes - I hate Apple products usually (including the iPod) but iTunes is great.

Guest Goatie

This program rules. Got it to work perfectly. I don't know how I'm limited by the trial version, it does all I want it to do fine.

Guest bluesmudge
This program rules. Got it to work perfectly. I don't know how I'm limited by the trial version, it does all I want it to do fine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As i say in a post above this software's trial seems to kick up a fuss when i changed a setting, but appart from that i have had no limit imposed on me. . . . is there anyone able to tell us if there is anything we can expect from the full version?

With the minor problems i've been finding, and being reminded how unstable bluetooth is, im not sure if i'd pay for this now . . . its a great program, but im sure that the novelty will ware off soon.

Guest FrankyG
As i say in a post above this software's trial seems to kick up a fuss when i changed a setting, but appart from that i have had no limit imposed on me. . . . is there anyone able to tell us if there is anything we can expect from the full version?

With the minor problems i've been finding, and being reminded how unstable bluetooth is, im not sure if i'd pay for this now . . . its a great program, but im sure that the novelty will ware off soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

on the PC side, check the 'about' section; it's a 14 day trial, I presume unlimited use until that time. It works perfectly for me, using winamp and mouse control. Pretty certain I'll buy this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest C00LH4ND

I used this on my s700i in recent presentations... It was great looking at the confused looks from the audience as to how I managed to flip Powerpoint slides without returning to my PC when all I had in my hand was my mobile...

I Really rate this app as one my the most useful mobile phone apps

Guest xerxes
I used this on my s700i in recent presentations... It was great looking at the confused looks from the audience as to how I managed to flip Powerpoint slides without returning to my PC when all I had in my hand was my mobile...

I Really rate this app as one my the most useful mobile phone apps

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Powerpoint control is what I'm after (although iTunes control would be nice too).

Does anyone know if this program is limited to working with the Microsoft Bluetooth stack? I tried the one in the downloads section but I have a Widcomm driver with my TDK Bluetooth card so it wouldn't connect.

Did I read correctly somewhere that this app can be used to send SMS from your PC via your phone or is that another Jeyo product?

Thanks

Guest Driekus
Powerpoint control is what I'm after (although iTunes control would be nice too).

Does anyone know if this program is limited to working with the Microsoft Bluetooth stack? I tried the one in the downloads section but I have a Widcomm driver with my TDK Bluetooth card so it wouldn't connect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have a windows smartphone 2003 device you could try the free Powerpoint Remote by Ruttensoft. It works for me, and I use a stick on Widcomm stack.

Guest xerxes
If you have a windows smartphone 2003 device you could try the free  Powerpoint Remote by Ruttensoft. It works for me, and I use a stick on Widcomm stack.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the pointer. I took a look at the Ruttensoft page you linked to.

It looks a bit unwieldy.

Do you really have to connect to Activesync, then start the server, then start the client on the phone, then enter the IP address, then select a presentation file before you can use the remote control?

I was expecting something like the built in utility in Sony Ericsson phones that just lets you run the client app and you take control.

Do you have to do all those steps every time or they just for first time config?

Guest Driekus

I believe it found the IP address by itself. I don't remember entering it into the program. And you do not have to re-enter it everytime you start up the program (maybe if you use it on different servers you do). You do have to connect over activesync and start the server (just runs in the background) and the client of the program. The client than starts up PowerPoint with the presentation of your choice (You first have to "upload" it's location on your harddisk into the server. It works OK. I agree that the client does not look very flashy, but to me that's not really a problem. I have used the program you were mentioning in your earlier post (the one in the download section), which controls winamp and WMP as well with another bluetooth stick, and looks better (shows title and number of slides, as well as the total number of slides I believe), which I personally think is better. But you would probably need a different BT stick for that one.

Guest gryph0n
Did I read correctly somewhere that this app can be used to send SMS from your PC via your phone or is that another Jeyo product?

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A little off topic, but...

That is Jeyo Mobile Companion that allows you to send SMS from your computer via activesync. It will also allow you to manage your contacts, SIM card, SMS, and give you some device info as well as take screen shots, and install .cab and .hme files directly to the phone.

• 10 months later...
Guest mm2ha

Does anybody know how to control the system sound with this application? I am able to control the sound withing iTunes and PowerDVD, but I just cannot get the control of the system's sound to work. Thanks a lot for help!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.