UK T-Mobile MDA Compact Rom

Guest duncan888

Guest duncan888

I just got my MDA, does anyone know if there has been any ROM updates for this? Or if T-Mobile are planning on releasing a new ROM?

Thanks

Guest Perfectionist

Personally, I'd say don't bother with any ROM upgrades - although they are supposed to be more stable and add functionality ..... if you check out other forums they are full of people having problems .....

I have a T-mobile UK version and have never had any problems ;)

I'm gonna wait another 6 months and get a JAM 2 running WM5 with all the latest frills - instead of breaking my JAM 1 :D

ALright all, I emailed T-Mobile yesterday about rom updates, i got a quick response from them and they suggested i try the german upgrade from their site. Has anyone tried this? Will i be able to have it in English as well? I dont want to void my warranty over a software upgrade that is why i want to do it through t mobile. I even got told that the web people for t mobile are updating their website and they may be putting an update on there (fingers crossed)

Guest tetstb

EDIT : please read forum rules.

You could always get the ROM from the German website, as mentioned above.

Edited by tetstb

Guest duncan888

I've installed the latest 1.12 i-mate ROM onto my MDA now. All traces of T-Mobile is gone which is great, as I'm using Orange in it!

Guest Joost39
I've installed the latest 1.12 i-mate ROM onto my MDA now. All traces of T-Mobile is gone which is great, as I'm using Orange in it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please read forum rules.

i-Mate ROMs are only for i-Mate users.

Edited by Disco Stu

Guest tetstb
EDIT : please read forum rules.

You could always get the ROM from the German website, as mentioned above.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But what are you going to do if you ever have to send it back under warranty ?

The device is not being used as supplied so they might tell you to go forth and

multiply...

I did the same, 1.12 ROM, unlocked it and used my Orange SIM ,just wanted the original ROM (dont see why that breaches forum rules as I have a valid license) in case.

• 1 month later...
Guest psionandy

Sent an email to T-Mobile last week about rom updates. The reply said that the update wasn't tested in the UK yet but would be available shortly.

Feel free to believe as much of that as you like

Guest kev51773
Sent an email to T-Mobile last week about rom updates. The reply said that the update wasn't tested in the UK yet but would be available shortly.

Feel free to believe as much of that as you like

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#

New Compacts are now being shipped with a version 1.12 rom, the only problem is when T-Mobile can be arsed to put it on their website. If youre confident enough you can update to it manually following instructions at xda-developers.com