HUGE HUGE problem

Guest rizzles

Guest rizzles

I have a t-mobile mda compact on contract, which i only got for the phone. I use my o2 sim card in it. Last Friday i lost my mda compact with my o2 sim card in it. I phoned up t-mobile and got the phone blocked then phoned o2 and got my sim blocked.

Then i went and got a new o2 sim card and used it in my c500. The next day i got a phone call from a friend of mine and he said that someone had phoned him saying that he had my mda compact!! lucky me!!

I then collected my mda and put my o2 sim card in it and it worked fine. I still carried on using my c500 as the stylus for my mda was not there with the phone.

Then last night while i was at work my c500 broke and wont stay on for any longer than 10secs. I thought lucky that i have my mda, but when i put my 02 sim card in the mda this morning my mda wont pick up a signal. I have also tried other sim cards in the mda but none work.

I phoned t-mobile and they assure me that my phone is unblocked. o2 say that i may need to get a new phone??

I'm a bit confused as to what could be wrong.

Is it possible that my phone is locked to t-mobile again??

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated

What happens when they block a phone is that they put the IMEI (individual hardware number of your phone) into a database which is blocked by all networks, you cannot change this number and i think it is near impossible to get it taken off the database, soooo it looks like your phone is blocked, were you insured?

Guest En_croute
My orange sim card now works in it... just not my o2 sim card!! no im not insured

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like the IMEI database is shared between operators.

There may be a delay in replication, and the O2 will work in time.

Ask Orange (as they blocked the IMEI originally), and then O2.

I suspect that 24 hours after the Orange one started working, the O2 one will as well.

yeh looks like it was the other way around, it just took orange longer to react to the blocked IMEI number. Dude i would try and phone Orange and O2 and see if you can sort it out, thing is this system stops people from reporting phones stolen when they havent really and getting a second one on insurance (to sell or whatever).

This is why its very hard to get an IMEI number taken from the database.

I think unless your very lucky and find someone with the power that really wants to help you it looks like a new phone.