New MDA Compact user

Guest VJ27

Hello all, I have just bought a new uk t mobile mda compact, i have heard everyone go on about upgrading the software, is it worth doing this? I know t mobile dont have their roms so i am not sure. I am happy with mine as it works (touch wood) but if it makes my machine better then i would consider it. Any help? Thanks in advance.

VJ

hi i got my mda compact about 2 weeks ago been tryying out loads of programs to make life easy.

I have got a dailer skin which makes the whole dail pad a lot nicer called IntelliDialerSkin

i got IntelliPad_TMO_WWE_B12 as every1 was bigging up this. took me ages to find out where it was installed. To save you time it comes up as an extra keybored input. I love it makes txting so fast one thing i cant do is add my own words to the T9 but im sure there is opitions for it i just cant find it yet.

last program i find handy is Pocket Backup Plus but i only got it on trail thinking of buyying this now it shows how much memory u hav on phone and sd card backs it all up for u incase something mucks up. Also shows u how much battery power is left.

i know not all these are upgrades but i think this is stuff the phone should come with when u get it.

anyone know where to get more dailer phone skins?

or chance the spalsh srceen? im tryying to get rid of t mobile logo all over the phone

Guest Meyithi
Hello all, I have just bought a new uk t mobile mda compact, i have heard everyone go on about upgrading the software, is it worth doing this? I know t mobile dont have their roms so i am not sure. I am happy with mine as it works (touch wood) but if it makes my machine better then i would consider it. Any help? Thanks in advance.

VJ

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should upgrade to the Qtek 1.12 rom and then bigstorage it if you have a SD card and card reader (7mb Ext Rom storage to 27mb), you will lose the pink too! It will be a bit of a learning curve, you'll hit plenty of walls (country Id errors etc) but XDA developers have all of the tools and answers there to combat them, and afterwards you will have a fully tweaked magician!

Look on XDA developers (Magician Forums) to see what you will need to do, put a few hours aside ;)

EDIT/ OOPS, best mention that flashing and bigstoraging may well invalidate your warrantee, I have a generic Qtec S100 tho so it didn't concern me.

Edited by Meyithi

Guest MitchellO
I love it makes txting so fast one thing i cant do is add my own words to the T9 but im sure there is opitions for it i just cant find it yet.

I love the T9 text too. You can add text if you press the button that says "T9" twice to change it to "abc". Then, enter your word and it will get added!

I love the T9 text too. You can add text if you press the button that says "T9" twice to change it to "abc". Then, enter your word and it will get added!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks MitchellO now i can add all my fav swear words in txt to my friends =)