Voice Comand & BT headset

Guest deejayry

Guest deejayry

I've just downloaded the trial version of voice command from handango and i'm pretty impressed with it all.

but theres one thing i would like to be able to do that i have not found an option for. I'd like to use the "Talk" button on my Jabra BT200 headset to act as the "voice command" button anyone know if it can be done...

I dont see the point in having a voice command system that you cant activate without touching the handset, i mean once you have picked it up to activate voice command you may as well just use the buttons or stilus to controll it.

Guest dazza12

There's no way to do this I'm afraid.

It's the way Bluetooth is set up on the phone. It's not continually active, it's only switched on when a call comes in. The phone polls the headset occasionally to check it's still there.

To do what you are asking, the phone will need to keep open a connection to the headset, which will use up valuable battery life.

I know the arrangement is completely different on other makes of phone, this is just one of the quirks of the BT implementation on this phone.