Guest Magnetic_dud

Guest Magnetic_dud

I've updated my radio version!

Now it's:

Snap008.bmp

yes, it's the 49026!!

You can find it @

Don't ask how to get it!

I lost two hours for finding it and i'm still angry.

You have tho register to this CHINESE forum, reply to the CHINESE email confermation, find and download the CHINESE RF upgrade howto.

Isn't so difficult ;)

Post is called: 首發mio8390升級RF全教學。

you can't search into the website if you're not registered ;)

I'm serious, don't ask me how to get it, I've just said it!

Plus, I've chatted with a mio technician. Here's the transcript:

It is technically impossible to have such a difference in behaviour of the battery depending the network frequency band used.

The was a problem using Gapi application which has been solved more than 1 year ago, the problem you are experiencing with those applications is probably that they are not MS certified or that your phone is still locked (visit www.mio-tech.be to unlock it). Your R44 is already Gapi Fixed.

Windows media 9 and newer OS are not supported by the device for Microsoft restrictions reasons.

If the phone hang-up during a call it might be due an operator coverage problem or by a cell handover wrongly managed by the operator in use.

To hard reset the device, power of the device, press both 2 volume buttons on the left, keep them depressed and press the red hang-up key. Keep all 3 keys depressed until the device start up and that 2 short vibrations can be felt, release the keys.

Here is an extract of the major point modified from the version you are using:

- T9 - Word-completion problem in field when editing an SMS

-.T9 - Auto-capitalization in the first word of each sentence

-.T9 - Long-press mode

- Disable CB when no channel specified 

- Fix Ringtone delay

- Fix User agent profile

- Fix Phone Camera in French show not current

- SimCleaner APPS

plus he gave me a link that will upgrade internet explorer :D

http://www.mio-tech.com.tw/download/smartp...Mio8390r101.xml

how to use? Dunno. I can't understand how works xml on smartphone 2003.

But my R44 isn't gapi fixed :D

How they can say that's gapi fixed?

is gapi "fixed"

So, there's a R45 over the net?

Cool, I want it.... but paying over £30 for having it, is too much :D

Guest Magnetic_dud
Does this R44 include English too or just cheneese?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, it have english but without T9 :)

But, now you can use mp3 ringtones and they won't play SLOW!!!!

They play normal!!

Finally they've got the solution!

Guest pwest13

I tried to run the rom installer program but it said "cannot open USB device" I have no infra red port so can I not install the update?

any help is appreciated !

Guest Magnetic_dud
I tried to run the rom installer program but it said "cannot open USB device" I have no infra red port so can I not install the update?

any help is appreciated !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you have to kill wcescomm.exe

personally, i do the updates on my notebook using a CHARGE&SYNC usb cable, and haven't installed activesync.

Guest Magnetic_dud
I installed the Rom but after i rebooted the phone would swtich on?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't understand...

what do you mean with "would switch on?"

You fried the phone?

#-o

you can't turn of no more?

this was a reason because i haven't posted the upgrade on this forum.

you had to saw the chinese forum, do a summary automatic translation for find out how to do...

have you clicked to:

RF radio update and then by usb???

or directly to rom update???

if the second, you overwrited the \windows\ folder!!!

i've explained by pm!!!

Guest pwest13

Sorry was unclear,

I mean the phone "won't" switch on anymore ts like there is no power, i hold red phone and nothing.

I upgraded the flash by usb, and it updated fine.

i think i have seriously damaged the phone...oops.

I havent got a pm yet!

Guest Magnetic_dud

when i've sent the rom by email, i've warned you to don't follow the usual procedure,

For flshing it, you have to go to the RF Update and select by usb.
and i've attached a jpg with the correct offset to set...

and said that the flashing is irreversible and not backuppable

and said to go to the chinese forum and try to automatc translate it from traditional chinese for be more sure about the procedure

and said that the rf rom occupies only 800kb and do not flash as usual

i'm sorry for your phone

maybe it's my fault. if I wrote the email in capital letters... #-o

don't know how to revive it :)

try to send it to:

Intec Cellular Services Ltd

Intec House

Moxon Street

Barnet

England

EN5 5BR

http://www.intec-cellular.com/

i've explained by pm

oops this is not true. I mean that i've explained by email when i've sent the 800k zipped file.

Edited by Magnetic_dud

Guest pwest13

Mate im not blaming you !

I knew the risks of what might happen and tbh am not that bothered i have broken it as i want a new phone anyway.

Sorry if it sounded like i was blaming you!

Thanks for your help Madnetic Dude, but the Mio has given me quiet a bit or hassle! :)

Guest Magnetic_dud

no, no you wasn't blaming me.

but i'm sad if someone lost forever his phone (until he sends to service) because i have explained too fast :)

in effect, reading the topic:

Updates for everyone

it seems to be a childs' play, like installing a *.cab.

I confess that everytime i flash a rom, I have the terror of having a crash of system or that a blackout comes or that my phone run out of battery. :D

(have you seen the latest war of the worlds? i'll die if a thunderstorm fry all my electronic gadgets)

Why mitac didn't put the bootloader in a write-protected area???? Why??

Guest Fredde87

Tried this but it doesnt work for me, *#83908390# still reports my old version... Do I need to do a hard reset? Also the upgrade wizard program will set the file offset to 9xxxx but on the chinese site their offset is 72192... Which one did you use?

Guest Magnetic_dud

Today I received a mail from mio europe. Says:

the RF that you've indicated doesn't met with european electromagnetic fields limit. Send the phone to us and get the european 47246

Dunno.

Your answer:

[these are my hypothesis!!!]

first file is 9xxxx bytes long (don't remember correctly)

this is the real rf rom imo, 'cos if u hex edit the rom you'll see all the world's operator names, all error messages, etc...

at 73000byte you have to flash another file.

if you hex open this file, you'll see an ordinate structure.

imo is a font file.

in fact, since i've updated, when someone calls me, his name appear in a different way before.

so, the 2nd file OVERWRITES a zone of the 1st file.

and then, even seeing the chinese site, for a lot of people this update haven't worked. Maybe is a OS version problem?

I haven't hard resetted after the update.

Guest Magnetic_dud
yes, it's the 49026!!

You can find it @

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WHAT?????

WHO REMOVED THE LINK?????

LINK IS:REMOVED ( ONLY LINKS TO THE OFFICAL MITAC SITE ARE ALLOWED )

Guest schriss

I flashed R45 then 49026 RF and ran into problems, people couldn't hear me.

So I flashed R45 alone and I think it's fine, but I'm not 100% sure, because I do not use this crappy phone for talking lately :)

Guest Fredde87

yes I am also about to give up on this phone, I have tried everything to get ride of two bugs,

1. The one where others cant here you

2. The one where after you loose signal then you cant get it back unless you restart the phone (very annoying since you mostly dont notice when you drop the signal until a couple of hours later)...

Might buy a c500 instead, have now tried the xda, mpx200 and the 8390, all of them are just crap to be honest.

Guest Magnetic_dud

if you write in english in the chinese forum, NOBODY will reply :evil:

i have posted some question.... but nothing :evil:

Guest schriss
yes I am also about to give up on this phone, I have tried everything to get ride of two bugs,

1. The one where others cant here you

2. The one where after you loose signal then you cant get it back unless you restart the phone (very annoying since you mostly dont notice when you drop the signal until a couple of hours later)...

Might buy a c500 instead, have now tried the xda, mpx200 and the 8390, all of them are just crap to be honest.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

same here. What about Mpx220? I dont like candy bar phones, for example C500 :?:

Did you open your phone before? I did. So I opened it again to check microphone, and guess what: discovered that the wire had no connection. Looked good but my hardware showed no connection. So I resoldiered it (be careful, the wire is actual two wires).

I just didn't care to check if the phone works fine now, mostly because when I used the other phone I have to call same number I noticed it's much louder than when called from 8390 :?:

Edited by schriss

Guest Magnetic_dud
same here. What about Mpx220? I dont like candy bar phones, for example C500  :?:

Did you open your phone before? I did. So I opened it again to check microphone, and guess what: discovered that the wire had no connection. Looked good but my hardware showed no connection. So I resoldiered it (be careful, the wire is actual two wires).

I just didn't care to check if the phone works fine now, mostly because when I used the other phone I have to call same number I noticed it's much louder than when called from 8390  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually all phone firms are saving wire connections :|

i opened my ericsson and i haven't found no connection for:

-mic

-vibracall

-loudspeaker

-headphone

then, imo, i've tried it, the xda (in italy isn't called xda :)) is a pda which, in an emergency case, can make a call.

Guest schriss
nah its not a hardware fault like the mic since it will say Unable to answer call and simular....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mine was hardware, I have tools to check wires. Mic requires two: + and -, but only one was ok, the other was there but connection got loose. I resoldiered.

Guest Magnetic_dud
say Unable to answer call and simular....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sometimes i've got this error... :evil: :evil:

then i had to recall...

Guest citrus3000psi

I just upgraded to the new new RF...My stats read

CE Version: R41iHK

MicroP Version: R16

RF Firmware Version:

R4.0.4 MBE49026-01P2

So that when simple and easy...Next question is should I upgrade the Rom? My really only problem with the with phone is battery life which I'm hoping this RF upgrade fixes. I've grown used to not using the phone except to talk since it drains the battery so fast, so Ive never really install any video games. But I might if the battery life becomes good.

Should I upgrade the Rom? and if so which?