Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest confused and hungover

you probably don't want to hear this but the C550 has just been made available in holland on orange's dutch website for next day delivery

Guest ClintEastman
you probably don't want to hear this but the C550 has just been made available in holland on orange's dutch website for next day delivery

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's it rub it in some more!! :)

Had a nice weekend and have calmed down a bit now (Chris is going to have a full, fruitful and relaxed life from here on in) so my sheer anger and frustration has disappeared, I don't need a new phone NOW.. Just as long as I know it IS coming and I don't have to deal with OCS until its released ill be quite happy!! :lol: :D

moodgym.anu.edu.au (the secret to my new outlook) :D

Guest furby

Just wandered what the deal is with business customers, for the M500

And by that I mean how do you qualify as a business customer? Could I make a fake company up? Could I get my company to buy me one or get another Orange business customer to get me one?

I know it'll probably come out to "ordinary" customers as some point but I was just curious

Just wandered what the deal is with business customers, for the M500

And by that I mean how do you qualify as a business customer? Could I make a fake company up? Could I get my company to buy me one  or get another Orange business customer to get me one?

I know it'll probably come out to "ordinary" customers as some point but I was just curious

The M500 is currently corporate only and not yet available to small business. To qualify you have to have a certain number of connections (I think its 50) and a certain number of employees.

That's it rub it in some more!!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he he he, i just ordered the C550, then canceled it. just to see what it felt like :D

Guest furby
The M500 is currently corporate only and not yet available to small business. To qualify you have to have a certain number of connections (I think its 50) and a certain number of employees.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

would I have to prove it? or could I just take a picture of 50 of my mates in an office :)

would I have to prove it? or could I just take a picture of 50 of my mates in an office  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! the lengths people would go to to get this phone!! can't orange see what they're doing to people ?!?!?!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi. Has anyone else noticed the M500 is already for sale on buymobilephones.net?

Guest soup dragon

I tried a two-pronged attack today....... went into my local orange shop and then called OCS.

Got the same info from both ( :shock: :shock: ) - m500 will be available in about 2 weeks.

I'm bored of waiting now, but can't be bothered going to T-Mobile (I think).

I've even got a Safecom wifi card sat in front of me waiting to hop into an M500 :cry:

Ho Hum.

I'll ring again tomorrow :)

I tried a two-pronged attack today....... went into my local orange shop and then called OCS.

Got the same info from both ( :shock:  :shock: ) - m500 will be available in about 2 weeks.

I'm bored of waiting now, but can't be bothered going to T-Mobile (I think). 

I've even got a Safecom wifi card sat in front of me waiting to hop into an M500  :cry:

Ho Hum.

I'll ring again tomorrow  :)

Where did you get the WiFi?

Guest awalsh

I made a complaint to OSPS Customer Services regarding the false information they seem to be feeding re the M500, i.e. yes its in stock you'll get it tomorrow etc.

Somebody who seems fairly high up has confirmed that they have absolutely NO idea when this handset will be stock and I have been promised faithfully that I will get a phone call the moment it is. Whether that happens is anybodies guess!

Yeah - I sent an e-mail off to the guy listed in my order confirmation as the "Sales Manager" - in it I said how crap it was that their staff didn't have a clue what they were on about and were all giving different stories to each other. I also said it would be much better for them to simply say the truth - that they haven't got a clue when the phone will be in stock.

Haven't had a reply, but when I phoned up earlier, the guy I spoke to simply replied telling me that they don't yet have a date for when it's due in. At last, an "honest" answer from them!

Hehe - noticed that they've taken the token "1p" from my card already - so at least I hope that I will definitely be getting one - albeit at some undetermined point in the future! :)

Guest shakey68
Yeah - I sent an e-mail off to the guy listed in my order confirmation as the "Sales Manager" - in it I said how crap it was that their staff didn't have a clue what they were on about and were all giving different stories to each other.  I also said it would be much better for them to simply say the truth - that they haven't got a clue when the phone will be in stock.

Haven't had a reply, but when I phoned up earlier, the guy I spoke to simply replied telling me that they don't yet have a date for when it's due in.  At last, an "honest" answer from them!

Hehe - noticed that they've taken the token "1p" from my card already - so at least I hope that I will definitely be getting one - albeit at some undetermined point in the future! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great :cry: and there was me told earlier that it would be in today or Thursday at the latest but definitely this week. I can appreciate it's not their fault and there are stock problems at the moment with the M500 but for gods sake. Tell the bloody truth it would make things easier!

Great  :cry:  and there was me told earlier that it would be in today or Thursday at the latest but definitely this week. I can appreciate it's not their fault and there are stock problems at the moment with the M500 but for gods sake. Tell the bloody truth it would make things easier!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Aye - I was told that it would be in Monday or Tuesday of this week and that I'd have it in my grubby little mits by Wednesday or Thursday! Ah well... The wait continues - glad I decided against holding my breath... Lessons learned from previous Orange SmartPhone launches!

Guest Davey Mc

I have just been told by a team leader that they have not yet decided if this handset will be released on domestic as its still under review but a small business with 1 handset can get one. To be a small business customer you need to be VAT regestered. I used to work in Upgrades 3 yr ago and they have really gone down hill. I have demanded to speak to the exec office who are the people to speak with to get things done. Waiting on a call back. If no joy am going to T mobile tomorrow

Guest dmeineck
CoolSmartPhone

COME ON ORANGE!!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, but they also claim they have the 550 in stock, and the picture shows a black one! just ordered a Q-Tek S100 for £19.99 on £25 p/m. Got my safecom sdio wifi card from ebuyer £22.99 bargain!

Anyone got any warning abouts the Q Tek version?

Guest RazorD

Well, my upgrade date is Next monday, and the M500 + Student Package (18 month upgrade contract) is the phone/plan for me :)

I just hope the local store (Swindon) gets it Friday, and can keep one for me til Monday.

Guest Davey Mc

It most probably will be released but dont be suprised if it is months yet. They tend to say within 2 weeks when they want to fob you off. Just spoke to the call centre manager who also said they have no time scale as to when it will be released or price. If exec cant do anything when they call tomorrow will go to T-mobile. The only reason i stuck with Orange was for the Network coverage but T-Mobiles is better now. They offered me to M2000 free and 300 quid off me line rental over the year. The problem with Orange is there always 6 months behind the other networks which is funny cos they motto is "the first"

It most probably will be released but dont be suprised if it is months yet. They tend to say within 2 weeks when they want to fob you off. Just spoke to the call centre manager who also said they have no time scale as to when it will be released or price. If exec cant do anything when they call tomorrow will go to T-mobile. The only reason i stuck with Orange was for the Network coverage but T-Mobiles is better now. They offered me to M2000 free and 300 quid off me line rental over the year. The problem with Orange is there always 6 months behind the other networks which is funny cos they motto is "the first"

Sooner than you think!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.