Orange SPV M500 Released!

Guest Dade

Guest Davey Mc
I paid about fifty quid for mine on ebay. look for ones with free fedex delivery + spare battery. they were v good and the unit works a treat with my e200. arrived in two days. you could be lucky and win bid with forty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok cheers mate will have a look on ebay

Guest Behold
Yep, Ive been trialing one of these for a few weeks now, it is indeed an SD and not a mini. Imagine my delight when I took the mini sd out of my c500 and it fitted into the card slot with a few mm to spare on both sides. They dont work very well like that do they :) Had to go buy a new sd card. Bummer. Also for those of you with line 2 on Orange...be aware that this device does not support line 2.  Other than that Its all cool.

Pez

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could the line two be partly to why its been delayed????

I call orange about 30 mins ago and still not ready......

Orange Pull the finger out your back side and pass out these phones......

Guest Davey Mc

The bad thing about this handset over than it not been available is none of the retail shops seem to have a show model. I have been all over town today, phones 4 u and carphone warehouse both say they get deliverys once a month and hasnt came in, Orange shop didnt have one. I still havent been able to get me grubby mits on one to see how it feels. Probably a good thing cos i would make a quick getaway out the shop with it and be arrested.lol

Could the line two be partly to why its been delayed????

I call orange about 30 mins ago and still not ready......

Orange Pull the finger out your back side and pass out these phones......

What do yo mean delay? The handsets are already being sold to business customers.

As for line 2 I dont think that Orange are too bothered about it on these handsets, previous SPV versions have not supported it either.

dade - you've got to admit it's a little odd though that noone at Orange seems to know if/when it will be available to personal customers, given that resellers seem to be receiving deliveries.

dade - you've got to admit it's a little odd though that noone at Orange seems to know if/when it will be available to personal customers, given that resellers seem to be receiving deliveries.

Its only a little odd that Orange dont fully educate their staff. Its a case of getting lucky and speaking to someone that knows what they are talking about.

I would expect to see Orange start shipping M500's within the next few weeks.

Guest Cacharel

Hi guys....

I`ve just registered here just to ask u one tiny stupid quastion....

I`m from russia. So... what do u think, would this phone be avaliable to buy in moscow? I`ve read here that it is avaliable only for Orange customers. & what about me? :) I think that it is possible, cause now we have (as well as all the qteks, jams, o2 etc) T-mobile Compact... so... & what about Orange? What do u think?

Sorry for my english, i`m just a little russian studentgirl :)

Guest Davey Mc
Its only a little odd that Orange dont fully educate their staff. Its a case of getting lucky and speaking to someone that knows what they are talking about.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So would we all but have been expecting that for a few months now. I cant understand that the dealers have it before orange. After all orange send the stock out to the dealers. Surely orange do have them in stock iff the dealers do but are stalling for some reason. Oh is it the Orange have made a big mistake with regarding stock levels and sent it all to the dealers..

Guest Davey Mc
Hi guys....

I`ve just registered here just to ask u one tiny stupid quastion....

I`m from russia. So... what do u think, would this phone be avaliable to buy in moscow? I`ve read here that it is avaliable only for Orange customers. & what about me?  :)  I think that it is possible, cause now we have (as well as all the qteks, jams, o2 etc) T-mobile Compact... so... & what about Orange? What do u think?

Sorry for my english, i`m just a little russian studentgirl  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have though so considering the jam and the compact are essentially the same phone as the M500. Unfortunatly Orange are not the best at sharing information sobe prepared to wait, and wait, and wait somemore

So would we all but have been expecting that for a few months now. I cant understand that the dealers have it before orange. After all orange send the stock out to the dealers. Surely orange do have them in stock iff the dealers do but are stalling for some reason. Oh is it the Orange have made a big mistake with regarding stock levels and sent it all to the dealers..

Normally what happens is that Orange start to ship stock to dealers ans Orange shops just before they release them for sale. Orange often don't give the infomation about new handsets to CS staff until they are officialy launched in shops etc. the dealers should not be shipping to end users before Orange.

Its not unusual for Orange to make new handsets corporate only, the M1000 wasnt available to domestic for months. The M2000 was sooner. A lot of the previous problems with domestic releases, esp. the M1000 is that Orange under-estimated how popular these would be with domestic customers.

Guest sleighty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

8)

hmmm.. so Orange have had two deliveries from HTC. Dade got his from first. Now O are giving the next load to corporate customers and other retailers - not us. anyone know when the next boat is due from Taiwan? Come back Hans Snook- Orange is in the hands of lemmings!

Guest soup dragon
.....Yes we have these in stock

We aim to deliver all orders in 2-3 working days

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

* NB. We delete all emails after replying to them. Please click on reply rather than starting a new e-mail. Many thanks.*

--

Regards

Kerry Piper

www.mobileshop.com

Scarey.... the girl I spoke to at fonetasticmobile was also called Kerry and also said:

'We aim to deliver all orders in 2-3 working days'

Wonder if they are the same company :??:

8)

hmmm.. so Orange have had two deliveries from HTC. Dade got his from first. Now O are giving the next load to corporate customers and other retailers - not us. anyone know when the next boat is due from Taiwan? Come back Hans Snook- Orange is in the hands of lemmings!

Has anyone actually got the M500 that the ordered from another retailer? I would think that Orange will prevent the other retailers from shipping before them.

Guest ClintEastman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

.. the dealers should not be shipping to end users before Orange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then if dealers are taking orders and delivery surly Orange should be releasing any moment?

:??:

Edited by ClintEastman

Guest ClintEastman
Anybody know if I can port my existing orange phone number over to a new Orange account?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No you can't :) (i thought of doing that too)

Then if dealers are taking orders and delivery surly Orange should be releasing and moment?

:??:

Prolly released for sale at the same time!

Guest soup dragon
No you can't  :) (i thought of doing that too)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DOH

:cry:

I'm sure I speak for a fair number of Modaco'ers in saying that I'm getting really quite angry about this now.

If T-Mobile's coverage was better my arse would have been out of Orange's account list a VERY long time ago.

Guest soup dragon
I wonder how many pages this topic will be before its actually released...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ever read War and Peace?

:shock: :shock:

Guest Davey Mc

I though that but actually T-mobile has britains best coverage now. apparentl it hasdoubled in the last 3 years but so have prices, where as they used o be the cheapest there now the most expensive.

Guest RazorD
Ever read War and Peace?

:shock:  :shock:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, no.. :) And im sure thats why that didnt make any sense to me :D

I though that but actually T-mobile has britains best coverage now. apparentl it hasdoubled in the last 3 years but so have prices, where as they used o be the cheapest there now the most expensive.

Personally I think T-mobile's coverage is rubbish. I can't get t-mobile at home but can get the other three big networks, I can even get 3g!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.